Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yes, I Can

I learned many years ago that I needed to invest in Rhodes Rolls. I stink at anything involving yeast. There have been times that I have gotten the courage up to try some bread or rolls but trust me it was always a disaster.

Two weeks ago I watched Melissa Jensen give a demonstration on her oh so delicious cinnamon rolls. My thought was "maybe I can do this." Of course she made it look easy, which gave me the hope that I needed. I tried it and it worked! Now, I'm not so naive to think that it will work every time for me but it did give me the confidence boost that I needed to try it again soon. Here are some pics of my glorious achievement. Thanks Melissa.

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Mmmmmm....that made me really hungry!

Brittney said...

NOT FAIR.... I am checking blogs first thing this morning so I can see the new stuff before conference starts, and I did not expect to be faced with such a delicious photo. Now that is all I want for breakfast! Mmmm, they look good!

Shannon & Summer said...

OH so delicious!! Come make us some too!

Amie said...

yes, you can! Yum!

Unknown said...

Way to go Kimber!!! I told you they were easy to make and you did it!!!

Tara said...

Ok, I am drooling! Though I do have apple crisp in the oven (healthy lunch, huh?).

I am like the 'old' you. Me and anything with yeast don't mix . . . help!

Tara said...

PS--can you provide a recipe?

Ammon and Tasha said...

Those look soooo yummy! I am with Tara you need to post the recipe so we can all attempt making cinnamon rolls! I tried once and it was a joke so hopefully next time wont be such a disaster!

Tricia said...

yummy!

Amberly said...

you may come here and make them anytime. really.

Ro said...

i'm impressed!! nice job! they look really yummy, can i come over and eat too? jk, i've had way too much monkey bread today!

Steve & Julie said...

I am very impressed. And, by the way . . . I have a fantastic bread recipe that I use to make bread, rolls, pizza, cinnamon rolls, braids, etc. and it is very easy. ANYONE can do it. Let me know if you want to give it a try.

The Hansen's said...

Those look like ooey gooey gooness!
I definietly think that you need to post the recipie, I have never attempted anything but rhodes either. But they look like they might be worth the effort. GO YOU!