Monday, October 20, 2008

Hooray for Sisters


Moving far away from family has been an adjustment but having ten sisters makes it a little easier. Two of my sisters surprised me with a visit this week. Nancy and Debi (all week they were doing their convincing to have my children call them Aunt Heaven.) Those of you who caught my previous posts, my sweet sister Michelle was lovingly called Aunt Hell by Janey.

They came to help and play with the kids. Here are a few pictures to show what we did the last few days. You know, if my family organized it just right I could have a visitor every month. That would be great!



We made cinnamon rolls. Charlie was a big helper but managed to turn the mixer on too fast after we added the flour.



Aunt Celestial and Aunt Heaven spent a lot of their time playing with the kids. This was the favorite game. "Toss the children"




I heard a lot of "just one more time".
They cleaned up Mike's office and moved in some furniture from the garage. He now enjoys being in there much more.


I am so lucky to have such loving sisters. It has been nice to have family come and it feels so good to have people love my children as much as I do. I will miss them and only hope for more great surprises like this one.

13 comments:

Shay said...

What a fun surprise! You have such a great family. I love that blue color in the office, it looks really good.

Amberly said...

your house looks terrific, and my aunties, well, I love them too. I only wish I could be your next surprise visitor!

Shannon said...

How fun. Sisters are the best!

The Pugs said...

You are one lucky lady! I'm glad that you had such a great time with your sisters. The help is nice too!

Ammon and Tasha said...

What an awesome surprise! I love the nicknames that they are trying to give themselves! :) You are soo lucky to have such great siblings!

Nancy said...

This is Aunt Heaven - I'm not quite Celestial yet. It was wonderful to throw your children around and give them lots of kisses.

Jen said...

It looks like you are having fun, and Sisters are the best. I have been so busy, I hadn't read your blog for a while. Don't feel bad about yelling at your kids, sometimes I do the same, and I feel the exact same way as you do.

Andrea said...

SISTERS ARE GREAT! I love that they are being called aunt heaven.

Joni said...

What a nice suprise!!

Amie said...

Family really is the best and I'm so glad yours is so supportive.

The Wards said...

Your home looks so nice!! I always think it's a treat to have other people play rough (tossing game, swinging in blankets, etc.) with the kids, so we don't get worn out too much!! Sweet sisters.

Unknown said...

I love sisters too! And I must say, you have some great ones!

The Hansen's said...

Oh how I wished I could have climbed in Debi's suitcase and come too! But, someone had to hold down the fort and watch zz while the boys were hunting.
I'm glad you all had fun, Deb says your house is awesome and she loves how pretty 'baginia' is.
Love ya and miss you!