Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our House

I guess that I forgot to inform everyone about my house woe's, so here they are. Mike and I were getting frustrated that the home in Bealeton was taking so long. We decided to put a low ball offer on the home we were renting. The only bad thing was that the home we are in is also in the "short sale" situation and so we knew it could take months. We decided to just go with whichever house would give us results. Our realtor called us two weeks later and let us know that the bank accepted our offer on the home we have been renting. Crazy and great that we don't have to move our stuff a second time. This home is closer to Mike's work, closer to shopping, better schools, more space and the list goes on. The ironic thing is that there is no way we could have afforded this home 6 months ago when we placed an offer on the first home. The market has been suffering so much that it brought it down to our price range. I guess things work out for a reason. Here are a few pics for those of you who are curious. (you've all seen these before)

(our neighborhood walking path, although it looks different now that it's fall)

The place really needs a lot of work. The crazy uneven wallpaper has been removed from the house. Our bedroom and office were a bright bright yellow and everything else is a hospital white. I like painting will be happy to show you my finished products when I get around to them.

(these boxes have since been emptied)


At this time I would like to invite all visitors (unless you are a blog stalker and we don't know you) to come and have a place to stay as you tour the DC area. We're about 40 minutes from the Dulles airport and 50 miles outside of DC. We have plenty of room and would love to have you. The only requirement from those in the Utah area is that you bring 2 loaves of Grandma Sycamores white bread.

13 comments:

Shay said...

That's great, congratulations! I'm glad that things worked out for you, I love it when that happens!

Shannon & Summer said...

What an awesome story. I am so happy for you! It was obviously so meant to be. I think it is a lovely home and I would LOVE to come visit sometime! I would be happy to bring you some bread too!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Now the Catholic Crucifixes above the doors can come off and you can make the home your own. Very exciting!!

Ammon and Tasha said...

I am so glad that it all worked out for you! Congrats! I love the outside and am jealous (like I mentioned before) of your walking trails!

kimmalee said...

It looks so nice! I don't think I've seen a picture of the outside before. It looks huge! How many bedrooms and such? Congrats on your new place.

Misty said...

Yea for not having to move again, the walking path and all the other pluses! The only thing that would be better is if it were here!
Happy B-day Charlie! Hope all is well with your CAT scan.

Amie said...

Wow. How awesome is that? It looks like such a great house. Thanks for the update!

Tricia said...

It looks beautiful!

lramey said...

that's sooo cool! What an unexpected blessing eh??? Summer and I were actually just talking today about coming to stay in your southern mansion for a visit! GUess we'll be there, with bread- of course that's the only kind i love!!!! the house is realy pretty! the path- wowsers!!!!!

The Wards said...

Congrats!!!! That is a beautiful home and I am so happy things worked out so perfectly!

Glad you had help painting - that is the worst (at least to me!!). Your sister sounds like a go getter (my kind of gal). That is hilarious that Jane calls her Hell. Constant laughing at your house - I LOVE it!!! :)

Tara said...

Thanks for the update--I was wondering what your situation was! So what is your favorite 'flavor' of Grandma's bread? I need to know in case I am aver in the DC area.

BTW can you email all of us in Utah your new address? Thanks!

The Pugs said...

We still wish the house in Bealeton would have worked out, but we'll take what we can get...at least you're still in the area!
-Bealeton Dweller

Joni said...

I wanna come visit!