Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Play

Alright, alright. It really isn't that big of a deal. Mike is in a Stake production here in this area. They are putting on "The Savior of the World". The one that played at the Conference Center a couple of years ago. He plays the roles of Malachi and then Andrew (one of the twelve Apostles). Then he is expected to do a whole lot of choir singing. Mike was really trying to go for the role of Jesus but apparently they think average height chubby guys can't play Jesus. How do they really know?

I'm surprised you all didn't know how talented he was. When he was younger he was in a "Bounce Back" (really funny) commercial and he was also in a church video called "How Rare a Possession" (Okay so it was really just the back of his head) hee hee. Mike's Father, Ivan, was a Professor of Theater and Film at BYU. Ivan has a big old slew of things he has done. Most of you would be interested to know that he is the voice of God or Jesus in all of the animated scripture videos.

Anyway, that's that and now you know. Mike will be performing in December. I'll make sure to include some sweet photos when the time comes.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

When I first started reading this I thought it said "mike is in the stake presidency!". Yikes. What are your new callings?

Chelsea said...

no way! i'm showing how rare a possession in GD in a few weeks. i'll look for his "huge pilla."

Ammon and Tasha said...

Wow I did not know that he was so talented! That is awesome! I would vote for him to play Jesus if I was there!

Amie said...

I'm so glad you've cleared that up for us. Now if we could just figure out a way to come and see him in action!
p.s. I love How Rare A Possession! I'm totally going to pull it out and see if I can spot him.

Brittney said...

Now that is something to look forward to! Try to take some video of it, so we can hear it first hand! Tell him I said to break a leg!

kimmalee said...

That should be tons of fun! I'll be looking forward to the pictures!

Bryan said...

I can't see Mike playing any church part unless he was Satan himself or one of the anti-Christ characters. Was Mike the old Italian guy in "How Rare a Possession?"