Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome Hell

My sister, Michelle, (or as Janey likes to call her...Hell ) came to visit and immediately went to work. This home will be a "work in progress" for a long time but Michelle really got us going. Her first day here she changed Mike's office from a very bright yellow to a soothing blue. That little change was such a nice improvement that it made all of the work more exciting.
I was in charge of joy school this week. Thursday the boys showed up and I had a slight headache. We went out on a "nature trick or treat" (Michelle's idea and it was brilliant). I had a headache but it wasn't a big deal.
After we came back my head started to pound then I got dizzy, next came the throwing up. Everything happened with a fast wicked force. I have had migraines before but this was a whole new ball game. I couldn't control myself, I was moaning, screaming rolling on the ground. It wasn't pretty. I truly thought I was going to die. I almost told her to call an ambulance but she called Mike and he turned around and came home to take me to the Dr. I was able to get right in as they were probably embarrassed to have me in the waiting room. I vaguely remember Mike giving me a quick blessing. The nurse gave me two shots and within a half hour I was asleep on the little table. All in all it was a weird and scary experience for me. I had a CT scan the next day and haven't heard anything so I'm sure that I'm in the clear. Grateful that my sister was there to handle the boys as well as my children. Yikes.

Some of my girlfriends came over to help unpack my house while I was at the Hospital. I am sure that Michelle bossed them around, I hope we're all still friends. But here are some of the things that were accomplished this weekend.

  • tear down wallpaper in kitchen, charlie's bedroom, master bathroom
  • paint office
  • paint guest bedroom
  • organize girls room
  • move furniture
  • paint dresser for Charlie
  • put together dresser from Ikea
  • put together 3 beds and 1 crib
  • unpack boxes





There was a huge pile of papers that were on my kitchen table when I got home. I told Michelle to just chuck all of them because they obviously weren't important if I had already been without them for who knows how long. She told me to go through each one and decide if to throw it or keep it. I found my patriarchal blessing that has been missing for two years! Hooray! It was a good read.


Michelle is a hard worker and sort of a slave driver at the same time. She's worth hiring out but you'll have to pay a pretty penny to make it worth her time. Thanks Hell. We love you.

14 comments:

Amie said...

What a weekend. That headache sounds like fun! So, did I miss a post or something? Is that your new house? The one you bought? How did I miss that? Congratulations. Email me that address-please! And, I could use a Michelle in my life too. I need to get some things done around here!

Amberly said...

auntie hell... I hope the nicknams sticks. looks like you two were super productive and had a little fun in there too. a bit jealous here.

Karen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling alright now. Thankgoodness for sisters, right! I'm with Amie, is this your new house?

Aunt Debi said...

I really think Michelle should hire out. She is a great project organizer. I hope you have that mess all cleaned up and my room ready before I come! I'm so excited you finally have a house with plenty of room and a yard. I just wish it was closer.

Kathy said...

So scary about your headache! Good thing Michelle was there. I haven't seen her forever! I wish she would come to my house and whip it into shape!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Soooo can Michelle come and stay at my house for a little bit? :) I need another women here to boss around the hubby! JK - I hope the headache feels better and you get settled in soon. I want to see pics of the outside of the house too! Just another thing to add to your to do list! he he

Sarah said...

Those big sisters...I think Hillary would have the same kind of posts to write after I visit her.

I am glad you are okay!! Sounds very scary.

And, please, let us know which house you're in...

Shannon said...

I hope your feeling better and everythings okay. Post some after pictures please.

The Hansen's said...

Auntie Hell, huh. I won't tell cody because you know he will call her that! What an eventful weekend, I am so sorry about your migraine! Those things are brutal! I hope everything is ok. I didn't realize you got the house! That is awesome! Definitely need the adress. I can't wait to see pics of the after stuff.

Tara said...

I am happy to hear you are feeling better! What a weird thing.

Did I miss something? Did you move into the house you put an offer on all those months ago???????

summer said...

Wow! Are you OK? I want to hear the final results! What the heck caused all that?! I hope you are doing better! And, I am assuming you moved! - again! Did you get that house you made an offer on forever ago? It looks so cool! Keep us updated!

kimmalee said...

Wow you guys got a lot done! Very impressed. I hope you feel better soon. That sounds awful. I am looking forward to some fun after pictures of your new house. I want to see where you guys are living!

Danielle said...

Hope you are doing better! Scary!! I am with everyone else...is this your new home? Let us know your address so I can send you a Christmas Card.

The Wards said...

Sorry about the horrible headache and hospital stuff - not fun!! I hope you are doing better now. Can't wait to see more picts of your home.