Saturday, September 26, 2009

Crazy Week

I haven't thought about the blog much this week. There has just been too much going on. Here's my run down.
  • I've decided that I would like to change the color of my kitchen and I started by painting a green swatch on one wall.
  • The swatch became a darker shade of green the next day.
  • Mike got some crazy virus that was weakening his muscles. Last Sunday I had to button up his shirt for him, fasten the pants, tie the tie. Then he couldn't even drive the car to make it to his meetings. He is now on steroids and improving.
  • Hosted playgroup at our house.
  • Started the "learn to read in 100 easy lessons" book. Charlie loves it and I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for the dedication yet.
  • Watched others children twice this week.
  • Made it to Book club ( I almost never read the book, I just enjoy the evening out)
  • Painted the children's play area downstairs. Pretty cute if I do say so myself.
  • The kitchen now has two different swatches of yellow. I still don't think I have it yet.
  • prepared my RS lesson
  • Enjoyed General RS Meeting.

I really didn't think about the blog once. I'll try to do better this week.

6 comments:

Donna and Ronn said...

Oh Kim, that is quite the week. I'm concerned about Mike. I'm sure that was scarey to watch. Did they give him a diagnosis? We will pray that he will be well. Sure love reading your blog - you do a great job. Love you, Donna

Amberly said...

I hope mike is doing better. look into the bob books for charlie, cooper is finding success with them and it's fun to see him excited with his progress. you know, you've got lots of blessings coming your way for watching other people's kids so much! post pics of the play area when you get a second to breathe and don't paint the kitchen until you love it. and that's my two cents tonight! love you!

Tara said...

Our best to Mike--I hope he recovers quickly! We are on lesson 34 of the same reading book. My advice, take it nice and slow but try to be consistent--we usually skip Sundays and preschool days (too much going on). I really love the way the book teaches and I can't believe how well P is doing.

Crazy, busy is good! Any luck onthe kitchen color?

Shannon said...

Hope Mike gets better. And let's see some pictures of all your painting. Better to busy than bored!

kimmalee said...

Wow that is quite a busy week! Glad Mike is doing better. That sounds so scary. Any idea what it was? Yeah, picking something as permanent/time consuming as a paint color would take a lot of effort for me. Let us know how it goes and I for one would love pictures of the finished product! Hang in there. Love you.

Kathy said...

Busy mama! Hope Mike continues to get better. Scary! Did you enjoy the opening prayer at RS broadcast? :)