Friday, September 18, 2009

Dance

The laptop is in our kitchen so that we can utilize our music at any moment. Oh how I love free napster. You'll find Jane's comments in red. Today's dance play list is as follows:
  • Another One Bites the Dust - Queen (she knows this one and just sings along)
  • Single Ladies (Put a ring on it) - Beyonce (That was a good one Mom)
  • Motownphilly - Boyz II Men (Oooh yeah, I like this one)
  • Bust A Move - Young MC ( two beats into the song yeah yeah this one)
  • Let's Groove - Earth, Wind & Fire

Mike doesn't dance. He doesn't get it. He tries to put on different songs but Jane doesn't dance. We've tried to explain to him that Coldplay doesn't have a beat that makes your body move without even knowing it.

Experiment with this: get some kids in the room, go to www.freenapster.com , don't tell them what you are doing, then just turn on some different songs. If their head starts bobbing than you've got it. Mags will be in her highchair shaking it, if the song is right. If you need help then check my list. I'd love to hear how it goes.

9 comments:

Ro said...

love it! it's the best when kids dance! we like dance music over here too!

The Hansen's said...

Mya loves Jack Johnson, she shakes it when we hear banana pancakes

Aunt Debi said...

Oh, yeah, you are my sista'.

Tara said...

Jane and Presley have the same taste in music!!! "Love Story" and "Single Ladies" or as Presley sings it "all the single lays".

So much fun to dance and sing with the kiddos!

Irene said...

you need to post some video of this!

Aunt Debi said...

So are you tryint to tell me she doesn't like Earth Wind and Fire or that she was getting down so into the music she didn't have a comment. Seriously they are great stuff!

Adria said...

You guys are sooo cute! Looking at your blog is making me super sad that I'm not coming! =(

Becca said...

Shaun's already taught Ella to "raise the roof" which I must say she does very well. The girl's got rythm. I should bring her over one day and we'll all bust a move to NAPSTER tunes.

Nancy said...

I need to see the videos to prove that your kids can dance. How am I to know if they are like their mother or their father in the dancing area?