Sunday, September 13, 2009

24 Hour Vacation

We made a last ditch effort to hit the beach before the weather turned too cold. The idea turned out to be a great one. We drove over on Friday afternoon, did a quick check in and unload at the hotel and then ran out the back to make it to the beach while there was still light left. We ran and played until after dark. Dad let the kids pick out a treat in the lobby and then we went up to our room and ordered pizza. The kids had candy and ice cream and then fell asleep before the pizza ever arrived. Ha!

The next morning we had pizza for breakfast and then went out bright and early and played all day long. Perfect weather. Happy kids. Great waves. Happy Parents.


We drove home feeling like we had made a good decision. I'm certain it's what heaven feels like. I felt pure joy spending that time with my family yesterday. Here are some pics that look much like all of our other summer/swim pictures. Moe and Mom (26 -52)Moe spent most of her time doing this. The last hour of our trip she started playing in the sand and decided that she like it.


Burying the kids is always fun. The next pic shows how close I came to drowning them. Rogue wave came right up to their necks. Oopsie.Dad, Moe, Jane and Charlie

13 comments:

Tara said...

I am jealous. The quick trip, the beach, the pizza--we need to do something like this. Too bad the beach isn't closer.

Shannon said...

Ditto what Tara said. She stole my comment!

Aunt Debi said...

What fun to have a beach so close you can just run over for the weekend! Mags looks tall standing there on the beach. Where are the rolls? Charlie's face looks skinnier too! Stop letting your kids grow up!!

Donna and Ronn said...

Kim,
Cute picture of you and Maggie! I enjoy your blog so much, everything is fun to read - I love that you share what the kids say and do. Keep it up! Love, Donna

The Hansen's said...

What a fun getaway! I am jelous, another reason that we need to come and visit. Eventually I will convince Cody so just be prepared. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Ro said...

looks like so much fun! love that charlie and jane will let you bury them!

The Wards said...

That does sound PERFECT!!!! Cute family! Love the picts!

kimmalee said...

Oh it looks like such a beautiful day! How awesome to be so close to a nice beach. Your kids sure do love the beach. You look great by the way. I'm with my mom, Maggie looks SO tall and not nearly as chub. What happened?

Brittney said...

Mmm... I like the way you vaca eat! Very healthy!

Great pictures, looks like so much fun! I miss the beach.

Katelyn & Wade said...

A weekend at the beach is always the right decision, it looks perfect. That rogue wave though, holy smokes!!! If only you could have captured their faces as it was rolling in...

Unknown said...

I want to come to the beach with you!

Nicole said...

Your short vacation looks so fun and just so perfect. How close is your home to the beach? Maybe if I bribe you with some Grandma Sycamore bread you'll let us come visit you sometime and you can show us all the sites.

Chelsea said...

maybe it's my virus-addled brain, but i am laughing hard about that rogue wave. perhaps it's b/c the pict of jane & charlie is so cute and sweet and then next i read they almost drowned. dunno. i'm blaming the virus but thanks for the laugh.