Monday, December 1, 2008

Sister Update

My sister Tricia (I like to call her number six) is really hanging in there. Yesterday the Doctors said that she has a little bit of brain damage but she is responding well to all of the things that they are doing for her. She is strong and stubborn and funny (hmm that kind of sounds like me). She has always given me great words of wisdom and the lady is a work horse.

Her husband Jeff (who we all adore ) and her sweet kids are rallying by her side. When a tragedy strikes there always seems to be good along with it. Why is that? I have been feeling nothing but love for my sister and whole family. I think that my family shines brighter when called upon to come together or serve.

Thank you for praying for my sister. Keep it up, we love the power of prayer. You can check out her recovery here...
http://prayersfortrish.blogspot.com/

(This is a shout out to family for a better picture of Trish. Come on seriously we can do better than that. And then send it to Michelle/Hell #11 hee hee)

11 comments:

Amberly said...

amen about the picture... she's prettier than it's showing and I agree about our fabulous family- prayers all across the country!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update, Kimber. What a scary time. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do. Your family has done a great thing starting a blog to keep everyone updated. It will keep the prayers coming!!!

Joni said...

Nice update. You're the best Aunt Kim.

Amie said...

There is something to be said about the way a family can come together at times like this. I'm glad you have such a strong one! We'll keep those prayers coming too!

Brittney said...

I got prayers comin your way too! Keep the updates coming. We love you guys and know that the Lord is mindful of your family at this time.

The Wards said...

What a neat family you have. We'll continue to pray for her.

Andrea said...

Our prayers are coming, too!

Tara said...

We contiue to think about your sister and wish her a speedy and full recovery.

Chris likes the flicking idea--I will think about it.

As for the cookies, they came from Jenny Craig but I saw some similar cookies ay the grocery store. It is fun you should make the chains. I have also used hershey kisses or other candy instead of cookies.

Misty said...

What a great family you have. I just read the blog. With tears running down my face and chills down my spine it is amazing how things like this always remind me how fragile life really is. Our prayers are with her and your family.

Shannon & Summer said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope her condition continues to improve.

Shay said...

I am sorry about your sister. We will keep her in our prayers! You really do have an amazing family.