Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Savior of the World


Mike has wrapped up all if his performances in the play and Charlie and I were able to attend this last weekend.
(There might be a tear there, mixed with a good amount of sweat and glisten.)
I thought it would be a great idea to take Charlie to see what his dad has been doing the last several months. I think I was wrong.

The play was very well put together and the actors all did such a good job. Charlie enjoyed seeing his Dad on stage, eating treats, rolling on the ground, whining, asking to leave, pouting, giving me dirty looks, squirming and any other four year old emotions. I'm the big dummy for thinking it was a good idea to take him. The poor little guy was totally confused about how a "play" works. When Jesus was born his response was, "I thought that Jesus lived in Heaven, what's he doing right there?" Then he was only confused more when the resurrected Jesus appeared to the disciples because he said, " But he was just a baby."

I think it is bitter sweet for Mike right now. We are happy that we get to have him around a little more but it was certainly a good and spiritual experience for him. Here are some of his costume changes.

Stay tuned for the slow removal of the beard. I'm not sure he can part with it all at once.

10 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Thank you, that is much better! I wish I could have seen Mike in the play. It sounds like a wonderful experience. I'm so glad he could take the time to participate. The kids will appreciate it in time. Maybe he needs to experience some community theater or acting out scripture stories for FHE. Your kids are total hams, it shouldn't be much of a stretch. (10 more days!!!)

Karen said...

He makes a good Biblical person with that beard! It sounds like a great play.

Rachel L said...

That is AWESOME! He looks great in his many costumes. I can relate to your experience of taking Charlie to the play. I took Weston (3 1/2) to a 1 hour DARE graduation for 5th grade today and I screamed internally the whole way through.

Unknown said...

Michael, you looked GREAT! I especially liked the emotional content in your face. I too hate to see the beard go.Yours out did any that I have ever grown. Thanks for extending yourself in support of this great missionary effort. Love you much. Your family is great. Good job, well done. Your admiring parents.

Amie said...

It would have been so great to see that show. The costumes and the beard look great! I'm sorry taking Charlie was such a bummer! If it makes you feel better I spent 2 hours at the doctor's with 3 kids yesterday (2 of whom got shots). Gotta love being trapped in a 6'x6' room with all kinds of gadgets that kids can't touch and the only book in the room has been chewed to death by the previous occupants. Needless to say I was more than a little frazzled by the time that lovely experience ended!

Shannon said...

Mike looks great. I think that he should shave it to just a handlebar mustache!
And on a totally unrelated note, I love your fireplace. I so wish we had one when Christmas comes!

Michelle Burk said...

I think you should attempt some at home movies and sell them as the latest greatest church videos. It could be the thing that makes your million. We're always looking for something to top the "Singles Ward." This could be it.

The Wards said...

What a special experience and perfect way to remember the season!

Brittney said...

Did you get any video clips of th actual play, because I would really enjoy seeing that!

liza said...

Love seeing Mike in make-up! I am late to the party, but I will keep reading the blog to find out what it is you are all talking about.