Thursday, August 28, 2008

This Week

So far this week has been fun and busy. I feel like I am getting into my groove a little. I'll tell you a little about Sara. She lives in my neighborhood and loves to go. Luckily for me, she keeps making me a list of all of the things I need to know about the town. Here's what we have done this week....

Tuesday - I went with her to a little "pretend" preschool that she does with another lady. They let Charlie and Jane join in class. Both of my children were more interested in playing with the different toys in the house then sitting and listening. Looks like I have a lot of work to do in this area. Later that day they decided to take a bath together in the kitchen sink. I didn't realize how big the sink was until after I took the picture.

Wednesday - We all went to the library for story telling hour. After we arrived we found out that it doesn't start until next week. So we had our own impromptu story telling. That lasted all of 10 minutes then we spent the rest of the time chasing Charlie and his friend Hanna through the aisles.
Thursday - Today we went to the W.A.R.F. which is a new aquatic facility here. We met some other ladies and their kids and we all had a good time playing in the water. Afterward we went to Chick Fillet, which is all the rage here because it's new and has a play area for kids.

(Hanna, Charlie, Jane, Kyle & Jacob)

This pose of Hanna's reminds me a little of our good friend Isabelle from back home.

I just got back from a book club meeting which I will really just call a girls night out. Let's be serious I haven't read the book. I was just going for the social interaction. The ladies were a lot of fun and turns out that most of them hadn't read the book either. Apparently it's just a good excuse to get out of the house.
(Angie, Tammi, Lori)


(Sara, Irene, Melissa, Lindsey)

This week was a good one to get to know a lot of different people. We still haven't heard on our house and I don't know where we will be living but as soon as I found out you will all be the first to know.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Look at you! Finding your place and meeting new people! Of course please try to remember us back here in UT--we miss you.

As for the chubby proof, I can't really photgraph it for proof because it is too close to her "girl parts" but I assure you it is the cutest and weirdest place to be chubby. Yes, the rest of her is still skinny.

The Wards said...

You are great at making friends and it is no surprise that you already have many at your new place (you and your sweet little kids). I hope you enjoy story time next week!!! You are a sweet mother that takes advantage of every moment you spend with your kids and I admire you!!! I can't believe how big your sink is - wow!!! Love your blog - thanks!!!

Kathy said...

I live for Girls Night Out! So glad you are making fun friends! Lucky them! I miss you!

Leslie said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you're making friends and staying busy in your new surroundings. I tend to be a bit of an introvert at first when I'm in a new place. It doesn't sound like you have that problem!

Shannon said...

That is so funny...totally reminds me of Isabelle. Well I am glad you are out doing stuff and making friends. I hope they aren't cooler than us and you won't forget about us!

Brittney said...

I love that photo of Charlie and Jane in the sink! Your sink is huge! I am jealous! I am glad that you are meeting all sorts of fun people and making friends! You are great, I am sure that you are the hit of the party!

The Hansen's said...

You are awesome! I would have to be forced to get out and go, I am just content to be by myself; I don't know if that is good or bad but I guess since Cody is the same way we will be just fine. Mallo takes out her endowments on thursday, yes it is happening :)

Shannon & Summer said...

I can't believe how much you are doing and how many people you are meeting and chilling with already - dude - haven't you only been there for like 2 weeks! Wowzers!