Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Walking Trail



Our favorite thing to do everyday is go on our neighborhood walking trail. It is so fantastic that sometimes we do it twice a day. Isn't it beautiful? I can't get enough of it.



For a girl who doesn't talk, I sure am hearing a lot of "I do it"

Charlie loves to lead the way while his sister drags behind.

    Here is a list of some of the things we have seen on our walks......
  • Big ol bugs
  • Butterflies ( lots and lots of Monarch's)
  • Hawks
  • Squirrels
  • Bunnies
  • Turtles
  • Ground Hog ( or something like it)
  • Frogs
  • Blackberries
  • Dogs
  • Humans (have I ever mentioned that Charlie is convinced that he is not a human?)

A couple of pics to back up my story......

There are so many turtles here but they are usually hanging out in the green mossy stuff. This picture is pure luck.




We have also met several other "Maggie's" in the neighborhood, they just all happen to be dogs.

Otter pops, always a good way to end a walk when we are all sweating to death.

14 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

You are becoming little miss blogger these days! What a fun and pretty trail! That turtle thing is so wierd I must say!

Shannon said...

Wow, what an awesome trial. It looks like it should be up a canyon not in your neighborhood. Love all the green, makes me realize we really live in a desert.

Amberly said...

seriously, your life looks heavenly! the walking path is beautiful and those little people you hang out with all day are so dang cute.

Andrea said...

Lexi would love it there! She is obsessed with exploring and the turtles would blow her mind! Wow, it looks like so much fun!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

How cool is it to see turtles?! what a beautiful place. You're kids are so stinkin adorable!!!!

Leslie said...

What a fun trail! I miss how green it is over in that area of the US.

The Hansen's said...

That trail is so pretty, there is nothing that green here, we go for a walk and we see sage brush, wow. What fun!

Aunt Debi said...

I think I check your blog 2 or 3 times a day to see your adventures and pictures of the kids. Mag's is definately her own person. She doesn't look at all like Charlie or Jane. I love all the green on your walks. I can certainly see why you want to spend your time outside - except for the bugs! To bad green and bugs go together. Miss you! Debi

Tara said...

I was picturing a very different walking trail--this one is beautiful! I can see why you might go twice a day.

Things have been low key here. 7 peaks is only open in the afternoon and you can tell that summer is winding down.

Jen said...

Maggie is getting so big. She is so cute!!! We sure miss you, but looks like you are adjusting well. It is so green and beautiful there. Maybe we will have to come visit. Miss ya

Ammon and Tasha said...

Beautiful pic of Maggie! Love those trails? I need something like that here so I can go running on them!

The Wards said...

You are having way too much fun at your new place (you're supposed to be home sick and moping), now I'm becoming a little jealous!!! Your kids are so cute and although the crosses over every door seem a little dramatic, I think your temp home is awesome and I hope you are having a wonderful and adventure!!!

Sarah said...

Isn't green refreshing after a lifetime in the summer desert? Summer is actually my favorite season now because it's not so brown and dry. (And I have air conditioning which my childhood lacked.)

Your kids are so cute and enjoying the outdoors as much as you can is the perfect way to adjust to a new place.

Danielle said...

Just wanted to say hello and say your blog is great! You have such a beautiful family! It's nice to see what you're up to! Congrats on the birth of your new little Maggie.