Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thank You Disney

We don't have cable and so we have been watching a whole lot of Disney movies lately. The house favorite seems to be the new found Cinderella. (Jane doesn't care about the tv so this is all Charlie.) He likes to rewind on all of the songs. And here was our conversation........

Charlie: Mom, I wish the birds would wake me up like that.
Charlie: Can we find some mice like that so I can talk to them?
Charlie: I wish they would help me make my bed.
Mom: I wish that too.

The other day I came into the kitchen to find Charlie "helping" me by unloading the dishwasher. I found every item from the dishwasher in a line around the counter and island. He explained that he was being Ratatouille. I realized he wasn't being the delicious dish, but instead the Rat named Remi from the movie. He is fascinated with cooking and helping me cook. I tried to show him how you stack the same dishes together but he didn't like my version and thought that his was much better. Of course by his version of emptying the dishwasher he was really just creating more work for me but it was cute right?


Later that day Charlie " helped" by getting into my makeup and giving Jane a makeover. Well at least that's what he calls it. Sadly for Jane, she has inherited my wispy gross hair. Sorry sis.

14 comments:

Tara said...

You don't have wispy, gross hair! And I love the "makeover". I am impressed that Charlie actually got out the CLEAN dishes--for some reason P likes the dirty ones (yuck!).

Any news on your house?

Croslands said...

No news on the house, it's making me crazy.

Amie said...

You are such a patient mother. I'm not sure I would have found the humor in the make-up extravaganza. I'm glad you did. It is always easier to handle kids if you can laugh at them. Especially when you have 3 so close together:)
p.s. we don't have cable either and we love it! We totally don't miss it at all and I have even learned to make watching a movie a "treat". Cinderella is a favorite at our house too...even Eric loves it (you're not alone Charlie).

Steve & Julie said...

I think he has a great imagination and that is so important. Good for you not to be mad at him for all the "helping." On some of my more tired days, I don't think I would be so strong :)

Jen said...

They are so cute. Rylee tries to help alot too, and when you put that picture or the table, it so reminded me of how she does things. Love the pictures!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

ohmagosh Kimber, you're kids are so freaking cute! I love the gift of tongues. That makes me realize that I need to write stuff like that down, because I too have the gift with Averie. I can tell you enjoy your kids so much. You're an inspirational mother!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

YEP! "you're" means you are! I'm a gifted typist.

Andrea said...

LOVED THAT! I love that you never forget to capture those moments in pictures. You are my example of that and I will try to do better.

Danielle said...

These times pass so quickly - you've done a great job of caputuring the delight of children!

Ammon and Tasha said...

You are my idol Kimber! I would have FREAKED OUT if Izzy did something like! Thanks for reminding me that kids will be kids! At least Charlie put the make up on his sister and not him though right? :)

The Wards said...

I'm just amazed at how clever your kids are!!!! It's nice you have so much space in you new home, if Thayne were to do that with our dishes he would end up in our bedroom!! I too have wispy hair, but I would gladly trade it for yours (I really don't think you know what wispy hairs are... I think Virginia is making you a little delirious...). No really, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well (yes, the normal family/mom/kids stuff that goes on). Can't wait for more:)

Andrea said...

PS...You should probably keep those KISS posters and Alice Cooper albums in better view so Charlie can get that makeup right next time. :)

I posted something and pretty much just for you.

Tricia said...

Love all the cute pictures. Maybe you could post a few pics of your house now so we can get an idea of your home and neighborhood.
Whaddya think??

Kathy said...

Gorgeous kids! So bummed I missed you in Boise! :( I talked to Angela Sasser last week and she said you were in VA. Enjoy the humidity! Love ya!