Friday, August 22, 2008

Gift of Tongues

It's true, Mike and I have the gift of tongues. Sometimes we even amaze ourselves. Here are some of the words that we hear throughout the day…..

Word -- Translation

Poxkapole -- Popsicle
Femes -- Things
Oly tow -- Holy cow
Whying -- Crying
Towie -- Charlie
Bucano -- Volcano
TT Doe -- Cookie Dough
TT Tat -- Kitty Cat
No nuts -- Donut
Munch -- Lunch
Heet dod -- Hot dog
Wawa woks -- Fireworks
Hatch you -- Thank you
Who hacks -- Fruit snacks
Babbage -- Garbage
not to be confused with
Babbette -- Blanket

Jane always keeps us on our toes. We laugh a lot thanks to Janey. Her new found love are these sweet Dora glasses.

9 comments:

Karen said...

She is so darling! Keep writing these things down, because how quickly we forget! I love seeing pictures of your home. It looks beautiful - do you wish you could stay there!?

Shannon said...

Jane is so cute. It's amazing how parents understand their kids perfectly and everyone else can't understand a word. Isabelle has the same Dora sunglasses.

Tara said...

I love Jane's sweet mullet! It is amazing what a parent can understand.

The Hansen's said...

Firework was another good one that you had to translate for us! I do miss her informing us when Mya was Whying! And I miss her being my little buddy, I doubt I will be so lucky when christmas time rolls around.

Unknown said...

Okay, I love you! Kev and I were sitting here laughing out loud at your words - translations...probably because we can relate so well!

Steve & Julie said...

I just love all he cute things kids say. Doesn't she just melt your heart?

Andrea said...

I love that she is a superstar/rockstar with her glasses.

I could use your help with translation from little ones. Usually I am pretty good, but this week with the first graders in library, there were a few comments that I had to hear a few times before I understood them!

Amie said...

She looks older already. Maybe I'm just feeling sentimental. Cute girl!

Cassi and John said...

your family is so cute. We would love to keep in touch with you guys.