Saturday, August 16, 2008

Luray Cavern

We decided to take a drive to the Shenandoah Mountains to find some good hiking trails. The drive was beautiful as we drove through the trees and hills. Mike and I are surprised at how "hilly" it is around here. I think we both pictured it to be flat open spaces but it is a lot like Oregon. We passed through several old historic towns. One of these towns had a building with a sign that read....."Antique Tables Made Daily" Does anyone have a problem with this? We thought it was a little strange. We became side tracked when we came upon a tourist Cave site.
The cave was huge. We were able to take our big double jogger through it easily. The kids were having a good time as we twisted around in this large cave. There is even an Organ in there that plays off of different stalactite's all throughout the cave.

Toward the end of the tour Janey biffed it and took a boot to the face. The screaming in the cave was oh so loud.

Afterward we tried to find a local burger joint because those are always better. I knew we had found the right place when we walked in and saw this menu board.

The food was yummy and the kids had been so good. Even our little Maggie enjoyed the day.


Outside of the little place we found the Ten Commandments. I thought these had been protested out of the country. Nice to know that there are some places still standing their ground.


7 comments:

Tara said...

I am a little jealous of all the NEW fun things you guys are doing! Those caves looked like they were pretty neat and who doesn't love a greasy burger joint. I love knowing what you are up to!

Andrea said...

I guess they will be antique someday...right?

Ammon and Tasha said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! We miss you though! I have to go V.T. all by myself this Sunday -phewy

Brittney said...

I love a good hole-in-the-wall burger joint! Charlie's photo made me hungry! That antique store is hilarious!

Jess said...

Hi it's Jess from the Credit Union. Julie told me you left town and I should check out your blog.

Hope all is well.

Nicole said...

We missed you guys when we visited the ward. I hope you are liking Virginia. I bet it is nice to see your husband again.

The Hansen's said...

I'm glad you are getting all the good places scoped out so that when I convince Cody that we need to come visit, you will know all the great places to go. It looks like lots of fun! Miss ya, Aub