Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions Past and Present


(37-52)
This is me right now, typing about my non fifty two pictures of myself this year. I am sitting here in my red sweater searching for pictures of myself on this computer, that I didn't post this year. Wish me luck.


(38-52)

(39-52)

(40-52)
FAILED- FAILURE - Incompetent - PROCRASTINATOR - DISAPPOINTING - LOSER - WEAK SAUCE -
I did not make it to 52 pictures, I didn't even come close. So this was my last ditch effort to get some pictures of me in before the years end. Maybe I'll try it again next year but with a more achievable goal of 24 pictures. Two a month sounds do-able right?

On the other hand, I think that I was quite successful on my effort to "Lift Where You Stand". I made a conscious effort each week to help someone out in some little way. There were weeks that I would be able to help one or three or four mothers. I did a lot of babysitting and tried to help where I could. On that note, I'm a little burned out. I am trying to schedule nothing and do nothing for a while.
I have two new goals for this next year.
First is to stay sane. You might think this is a funny goal but I think it's entirely necessary. I'm slowly going crazy and so I'm going to slow things down a bit and try to sleep more and make sure that my husband sleeps more. (He's losing it too. ) I want to enjoy the moment more. My kids are at the most adorable ages and I plan on loving on them a little more this year.
Second I need to lose 20 more pounds.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

those sound like perfect goals, because let's face it, with our genes, insanity is inevitable... so put it off as long as you can!!

Shannon said...

Ah, you look so pretty. Good luck with your goals!!