Thursday, December 3, 2009

Potty Talk


Here's the note that I put on the outside of the garage door that leads into our house.
I figured Mike deserved a warning.
Let's talk about how my day has gone. Bernie was whaling bright and early as I was taking a shower. I could hear her but just kept thinking, she can hold it a few more minutes. That turned out to be a bad decision. When I made it to her crate I was too late. She was covered in all of it. So I carried her outside and tied her up while I cleaned out her crate. Yes, all my fault.
The girls woke up and I gave them breakfast. Charlie happened to sleep in today (which never happens). So he managed to soak himself and his bed. I got him in the shower cleaned off his bed and went downstairs to push the laundry through. Finally I made it to the dog and managed to get her bath going.
Jane's girlfriend came over to play and they were having so much fun that Jane didn't want to take the time to go and use the potty so she wet herself. Two different times through two different outfits. Bernie escaped to the front dining room and I heard Jane say "Mom, Bernie just pooped." As I head that direction I hear Jane..."Eewww, Mom!! Bernie is eating her poop!" Totally gross, all of it, every bit.
Maggie and I have the runs.
This all happened before lunch time.
I love good days.

16 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Bummers. I would have loved to help you with your morning--too bad you live so far away.

Amberly said...

I'm pretty sure I would have escaped and rather than suggesting mike wait outside, I would have suggested that he get inside pretty darn quick 'cause there were children and dog unattended. bless your sweet soul. I remain firm that we will not own a dog until it can live OUTSIDE!!

Unknown said...

You are such a good sport!!! Love Bernice too. All kids need a dog. Although we've "potty talked" Millie a few times, we, like Charlie, don't want her to die. ;)

kimmalee said...

Wow that's a lot of waste for one day! Good gracious babe! I love the note for Mike. I also love your dog. Looks like it will be enormous but it also looks like your kids absolutely adore it.

lesismore said...

Kimber, I love you! That was definately the day of excessive excrement

Tara said...

You are a very brave, good woman--I would have left/lost it. I am impressed you are going another turn with a new dog! Bernie looks beautiful--just wait til she is full grown and wrangling your children for you :)

Nicole said...

You poor girl. I would not have been able to handle all of that grossness. I sure hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Shannon said...

When it rains it pours, right?!!

Cammi said...

OH MY WORD!!! Well I love ya and you are pretty nice to warn Mike first. I would prolly have beencalling him from work telling him to get his a$$ home!! LOL

Becca said...

I'm going to start calling you all the "crazy bowels" family. All that before lunch... that was quite a day. And to end it with being called to be Mary (don't lie I know that was the highlight). But for the record you really DO look like Mary. You'll be great. Baby Jesus will be fake so no poopy diapers.

The Hansen's said...

Sorry about the poops at your house! Sadly I have been there, dog wise, I have yet to experience the entire family poops but I'm sure it will come. The note on the door totally reminded me of the ones you used to leave on the laundry room door for Kenz! The ones she never read!
Bernice is adorable! What kind of doodle is she? I'm glad your kids adore her and are having a blast. Good luck on the potty front!

Jensen Family said...

wow!! way to go--you can officially handle anything!! anything is up from there huh? hang in there!

Amie said...

What a poopy day. :)

erin said...

I don't read often, but maybe I will now. I'm in tears this is so funny. at least, funny to me because I wasn't there. keep on keeping on, also, I've always thought you were the most wonderful mom. so there! :) have a good day!

Karen said...

Oh dear. Love the note to your husband. Did he turn right around and go back to work??!!

Unknown said...

wow!!! you win..can't top that day!!!