Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dumped


What fun and excitement we had when the snow decided to really fall down on us here. Mike and I had a date on Friday night, the forecast said there would be a big snow storm starting at midnight. Our plan was to go to dinner with some friends and then stop by the grocery store just because.
Well the snow started to fall while we were at dinner and by 8:00 p.m. it was sticking. We cruised on over to the store and the place had been cleared out. No milk, no flour, no sugar, no turkey lunch meat, and they were low on cheese, eggs, bread. So of course I just stocked up on chocolate chips. All we really need when we are snowed in is a nice warm batch of cookies. It's all so funny to me. I guess they had been out of milk since noon that day.

-Mike-
The snow came down for a full 24 hours leaving two feet for us to play in. We haven't left the house.

Mike was just going to stay in all day but he gave into peer pressure as he saw all of our neighbors trying to dig out.

Church is cancelled and we are enjoying all of the fun.

8 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

mmm I miss your chocolate chip cookies! how fun to stay in all day long!

Aunt Debi said...

I couldn't believe your pictures! I didn't think Virginia ever got that much snow. I thought frost scared them! What fun you must be having all hunkered down together! Now you just need a 4-wheeler so you could give tube rides up and down the street!

kimmalee said...

I'm with mom. Didn't know you guys ever got that much! It looks AMAZING! A real winter wonderland and just in time for Christmas. Lucky you guys!

Amberly said...

I think it sounds perfect. eat some for me. and then throw a snowball at charlie.

Amie said...

I can't believe the store was cleaned out. I bet you're kids are going crazy! How fun. Enjoy the snuggle time!

Becca said...

We headed to Wal-Mart and they were almost out of shovels. Luckily for us we nabbed one before they were gone. We've enjoyed being snowed in too. Hope your cookies turned out well. Thanks for joining us for dinner. We loved it! Although it is a shame we missed Christmas Sunday. It's all about those Christmas dresses:)

Tara said...

It looks like you live in Midway with us! Too bad we never get church cancelled!

Cozy up and drink lots of hot cocoa! Merry Christmas--miss you lots!

Michelle Burk said...

Love it! We miss those kind of storms. But I think snow-blower should definitely be on the Christmas wish list for Mike. Then he could really show up those neighbors.