Friday, September 26, 2008

They're Coming


The best part about living outside of Utah is that the missionaries come to our house and visit. We love it. They've been to our home about five times. Last night they stopped by to give us a "lightening visit" which is their term for a short visit packed with the spirit. Mike and I wished them the best of luck as it was hard to get the kids to sit quietly. The little ones wanted to do more showing off than listening. Here in this picture we have Elder Lewis from Spanish Fork, Utah and Elder Yazzie from Texas. We love these boys (men?).

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Growing up, that was my favorite thing! We lived in California, New Jersey and Vegas. I miss that! I bet Lex would love it.

Karen said...

I'm with Andrea. I grew up in Colorado, and we had the missionaries over so much! We had one companionship to our church building (2 wards), so we got to know them and see them often. I miss that here in Utah.

Shay said...

I miss that too! It was always fun to have the missionaries over when I lived in Iowa.

The Hansen's said...

That sounds really cool! Tyson says that is how they eat down in Brazil, he hasn't had to cook dinner once. I wish we had more opportunities like that.

Amie said...

When I was living in France, there was a sister serving in our area who went to my high school. I couldn't wait to see her every week and we loved having the Elders and sisters over for dinner. How fun for you and your kids.

amy said...

Send the missionaries our way! hehehe

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm jealous!!! We get the missionaries for dinner MAYBE ever 4-5 years, don't get to know them at all. Kind of sad. Thank goodness for our Missionary Grandparents!!!