Friday, September 5, 2008

Pre School

We were lucky enough to get Charlie into a little preschool this year. He will be going twice a week and today was his first day. We picked a little school in the next town (where we have an offer on a home.) His teacher is Miss Shannon. She used to be a school teacher but now that she is a mother she does preschool out of her home in the basement.

Charlie was excited from the minute he woke up. He started with making his bed, and then proceeded to get himself dressed. I told him that I didn't want him to grow up and get dressed all by himself (reverse psychology here). "Don't worry mom" he said. "You can still do the buttons." We packed his backpack and he wore it all morning until it was time to go.


Jane was very concerned at the drop off. She cried for about ten minutes and has been asking for Charlie all morning. They have been such good playmates this last month. I on the other hand feel great. It feels like a little piece of freedom and heaven. I went to Walmart after we dropped him off and I couldn't believe how good it felt to only have two.

Charlie doesn't start kindergarten until fall 2010. Jane will start the next year fall 2011. I just realized this a couple of weeks ago. They are 21 months apart but their birthdays hit so that they will only be a year apart in school. I assume that I will love this too. Time will tell.

9 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Thanks for doing a new page. I was getting a little old to keep crying over missing Mags. I sure appreciate pictures of the kids but I miss you and Mike too. Any news on the house yet?
XO Debi

Sarah said...

I love it when kids are happy to go to school.

Jane looks like my Isaac. They're not quite sure what to do with themselves, are they?!!

Shannon said...

I wish I could get my kids to make their beds. Yeah for Charlie and yeah for a little freedom for you!

Steve & Julie said...

Looks like you are quite settled in. Good job at getting Charlie in school on a late notice. I bet that was hard. He looks so big!

Amie said...

Congratulations. Emilie always has a hard time when Eric goes somewhere without her too. She completely lost it on the 1st day of kindergarten when he went in without her. Enjoy your freedom!:)

Tara said...

I can't believe it! Charlie in preschool--partly jealous partly stunned that our kids are getting to "that" age.

Miss you! And I need to know where that kids clothes store is--the one you and Shauni where talking about . . . it is getting cool enough up here to buy long pants and long sleeve shirts for P.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Wow you have a little preschooler! Too fun! Here you are enjoying the freedom of only having to take 2 kids and I am here freaking out about having 2 kids! ha ha

amy said...

Hooray for preschool!!! Hey will you blog Rachel and give her my blog and ask her if I am privileged enough to have access to her blog? I would love to get in contact with her!

Shauni said...

Oh, I am so happy when kids hit the preschool age! Such a fun time for them and mom!
Oh, I am trying to get more serious about my blog, oh trying. One step at a time for this gal!