Monday, September 22, 2008

Out by the Bay

Saturday we traveled two hours to Maryland to visit some friends out on the Chesapeake Bay. We were lucky that we didn't encounter too much traffic and made it there in time to have dinner with them in their backyard. They served up local crab ( I didn't partake but I really should have taken pictures of the mess everyone created.) The children all played really well and then we went across the street to the beach for a little water play time. There were some big naval ships out due to the Navy football game. I really enjoyed myself. Being by the water is always such a good feeling for me. There is no better way then to sit back and relax in an environment like that. Here are some pictures of our great day.

The Bay Bridge

Maggie always the trooper stuck in her stroller.

Dad and Charlie

I thought that the kids would go to sleep in the car after the long day. But no, they were talking and arguing the whole way home. Couldn't wait to get to bed that night.

10 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Wow, beautiful beach. I bet the kids loved that. You are lucky the weather is still nice. Ours is turning cold. Mike looks pretty hot on that wave runner!

The Wards said...

Was the water warm???

You missed out on CRAB??? Maybe you and I should switch places for a little while...

Beautiful and fun.

What a great get away.

Shannon said...

SO jealous. Luckily I will be on the opposite coast as you this weekend. The girls LOVE the sand, but I HATE the mess it always creates!

Andrea said...

I've never been to Maryland, but I've heard its so awesome. Melissa had the opportunity to go out and she loved it.

Brittney said...

I am in love with that last photo, it makes me wish I was there! How did you not eat the crab?? Have you ever tried it?

The Hansen's said...

So much fun! What an adventure! I bet the kids were just loving the beach. They don't care if it's cold or not do they.

Amie said...

Sounds like a day from a movie. Awesome. I love the water.

Danielle said...

Love the picture with Charlie and the sunset. What a beautiful day!

Tricia said...

I can't believe how clean the sand looks. I'm so used to San Diego beach sand. Very fine, dark, and with seaweed and foam everywhere.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Looks like a blast! How would it be to walk across the street to go and play in water!

I am with Marcie - you missed out on CRAB! What were you thinking? :)