Sunday, June 29, 2008

Three Little Pigs

Yesterday we went and enjoyed Lehi's Rodeo days. We made it to the parade which was fun but long and then we went to the park to enjoy the carnival. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there weren't actual carnival rides but they had a lot of blow up toys. They also had a little petting zoo area, which I always love, maybe because I like petting the animals more than the kids do.
We came upon a pen with three cute little pigs and then discovered that they were drawing names for kids to go in and catch them. We watched a couple of rounds and Charlie just knew that he wanted to try it so we went and entered his name in the drawing. We had to wait a little while for his age group but when the time came his name wasn't called. I thought we might have to deal with a break down but he held in the tears. We decided to watch as his age group tried to catch the pigs. They were having a hard time and seemed to be more afraid of the pigs. Two little kids wanted out so Mike saw his opportunity he turned to the lady and said "My son would really like to do this". So she let us throw Charlie in.
It was a hoot. He was chasing and grabbing those squealing pigs. The other kids started to catch on. I was quite proud of him, he really got in there and held on to those suckers.Charlie ended up winning first place. Next year we are going to have to put him in the Strawberry Days Rodeo Muttin Bustin. I think he's ready.




5 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad Charlie got to chase the three little pigs! What fun!

Andrea said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Way to go Mike for speaking up. I will be at the rodeo to cheer him on next year! Oh, one of my best friends from High School knows you guys! Her name is Kaija Carter Hanks. Anyway, I love to read your blog.

Leslie said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. That is so funny! Good for Charlie!

Brittney said...

That is so funny! I love the first photo of Charlie and the three pigs! What a tough little man!!

Unknown said...

Way to go Charlie! I'm with your mom, you are definitely ready for muttin bustin'! Steph T.