Monday, February 2, 2009

Gotta Document It

More sweetness.
I have to blog when my children do something sweet because it carries me through the not so great other times.


Last week Charlie fell asleep in the middle of our family room. I watched Jane walk into the kitchen, open the drawer, grab a hand towel and head over to Charlie.

"What are you doing Jane?"

"Charlie spit Mom.."

Then she proceeded to wipe the drool off of his face.

Yesterday she was holding one of her babies and proceeded to tell me that it was time for her baby to go to bed. So I said good night to the baby. Usually at this point she walks up the stairs and puts her doll in Moe's crib. This time she had a detour. Instead of heading up the stairs she walked over to our ottoman. (This is where we kneel and have our family prayers.) She knelt down, folded her dolls arms and said a sweet little prayer blessing each of our family members. Then she took her baby upstairs to bed.

It was a good payoff moment.

11 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Janie is so sweet to wipe his face! I can't believe she didn't try to wake him up to play. You guys are doing good to have her imitate family prayer before bed.

kimmalee said...

Wow, what a little sweetheart! I'm glad you're documenting these sweet stories. They're so fun to hear. I miss my little Janie.

Amberly said...

oh she's the cutest little thing ever!

Misty said...

What a little cutie!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Wow how cute is Jane! that is so sweet!

Nancy said...

Too sweet! I just love that little girl! I can't believe she would ever give you any stress or yell. Not my sweet Janie.

Michelle Burk said...

I love that you have a place to post these kind of memories. Motherhood is amazing--made of tender moments like this. I'm so glad we get to share them with you. Darling Janie. She's perfect.

Kathy said...

Too sweet! I love it when they do things like that!

Amie said...

Talk about melting your heart. What a sweet girl!

Jen said...

So cute! These are the moments that make being a mom all worth it.

Cammi said...

comments like these make me miss your kids so much it hurts... Oh how I need to see you and them... Soon k?
Love you all...

Cammi