Saturday, February 7, 2009

Still Standing

  • Spent some time taking care of two sweet brothers.
  • Each day a different one of my children have gotten sick and none of them have kicked it yet.
  • Mike left for a much deserved guy trip.

All of these things made for a non accomplishing week, but yet, I have been so busy. My children have green goop seeping from their eyes and noses. Jane's been treated for an ear infection. Charlie had to get a chest x-ray to see if he had pneumonia. (He's in the clear.) Maggie's crib has been jimmy rigged to give her an incline and keep her from rolling. We've purchased two extra humidifiers. We've spent a lot of time in front of the t.v., lying on the couch, reading books and doing puzzles.

I'm working on little sleep but I'm really feeling quite good. Mike gave each of my children a blessing before leaving and then I politely said, "uh, I think I'm going to need one too". I 'm quite certain that's why I'm doing so well.

I'm grateful for the Priesthood and the power it has to bless lives.

7 comments:

Stephen & Kendra said...

When it rains, it pours. I hope you don't get sick too so you can continue to care for your kids. I miss you very much.

Shannon said...

Sorry about all the sickness at your house. Glad you are surviving. I hope you aren't sick too.

Ro said...

man kimber, i didn't know this was the weekend mike was gone! i hope today has been a better day. please call me if you need anything!!!

Amie said...

I love that you labled your post with your "Lift Where You Stand" goal. That's exactly what you did this week. I know you probably left out some of the nightmare-ish details (it's never fun to have three small children who are all sick, let alone 2 extras!). I hope the sun will come out this week! You're such a great mom and great example to the rest of us! Hang in there!

Andrea said...

Love love love you. I'm sorry about all the sickness. I agree...I love the priesthood!

Unknown said...

Ughhh! Sounds like my house lately...can't see out the windows with the humidifiers going! As much as I love winter, I'm ready to be done with snot.

Glenn Makechnie said...

Hmmmmm... And I was stressed out with the prospect of my little one appearing at any moment this week or next... And I don'e even have an other one to deal with at the same time, much less two or three! I'm a whiner! Kind of puts it all in prospective.