Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bromance for my B-Day

Kimber is the greatest! She arranged a trip for me to hang out with my buddies; Jer, Matt, and Paul. She totally surprised me. She called up Dave and Debi, so we could stay in their cabin in Star Valley, Wyoming. Needless to say it was a total party.
Here we are playing with some roman candles, and of course we never held them when they were firing flaming balls. Safety is always our first concern. We are all Eagle Scouts after all.


One of the greatest things about Star Valley, is all of the fine dining. Below is a picture from the Elk Lodge. This was our favorite place for breakfast. I think it is under new management, and I'm not sure but they might be LDS. I do think that President Monson would fully endorse the breakfast special.



When we weren't in town tormenting the locals, we were up in the hills tormenting the wild life. We found a nice little spot on top of the mountain that no one else wanted to snowmobile in, so we had it all to ourselves. It was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better place to be cold. From left to right that is Paul, Mike, and Jeremy.



Of course no snowmobile trip would be complete without one really stuck sled. In Paul's defense, we had very bad lighting that day. I'm sure if he would have seen the five foot drop into a wall of snow, he wouldn't have gone that way. It was just another really good opportunity for the boys to bond together. Thinking about this now, I'm wondering if Paul didn't do it on purpose. He brought two different shovels, and we hadn't used them up until this point. So maybe there was some foul play after all. Paul????


I decided to include this picture, because it pretty much sums up the whole trip. The weekend was absolute joy. I'm pretty sure that most of the fun we had is outlawed in 23 states. Thanks again Kimber. I love you!


10 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Mike you are the luckiest boy in the whole world!

Amie said...

Mike, you crack me up. I was seriously laughing out loud. What a sweet wife you have! Maybe you should thank her by giving up the word "poopie"! :)

Stephen & Kendra said...

Did you really write this Mike? Or was it Kimberly. You are a lucky boy.

Shannon said...

Thanks for putting up pics. I'm glad someone took some. Now I want to see some more incriminating photos...

Michelle Burk said...

Seriously, Mike, you have no idea how good you've got it. So glad you had such an awesome trip. Can't wait to see how you top that for Kimber next November!

Andrea said...

BROMANCE! Nice choice of word. I loved the pics and the stories. I'm glad Kimber did such a cool thing for you! It was fun to see Matt on there, too. HI MATT!

Nancy said...

Personally, I would like to know what some of the "out lawed" activities were. More details are needed on this subject! Glad you had a great time. I know you will give Kimber the same opportunity with her sisters some time!

Joni said...

Looks like a pretty fun trip!

Tara said...

At least Paul didn't break his neck this time . . . if we ever get snowmobiles I am not sure if Paul will be allowed near them. For his safety of course!

Kathy said...

You are one lucky guy Mike! I am keeping Sam far away from this post.