Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another Good One

Not to be out done.
Maggie gave us a great quote the evening of my last post.
She was being a major stinker at the church during our friends Baptism. She was happily squirming, jumping, yelling and making Mike and I crazy. I took her out into the hall for her time out. (We try to make the hall much more miserable so that going out is never better than staying in the meeting.) I sat on a chair in the hall and held her tight so that all of her wiggling got her no where. She kept saying "chop it Mom" "wet go of me". But I didn't. Then finally she reached out for the wall with a picture of Jesus on it and yelled, "Jesus, help me, help me Jesus!"
Clever.
And I guess he did help because it made me smile, laugh and give her a great big smoocheroosy.

11 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

Thank you Jesus, for saving Maggs.

The Kelly Variety said...

That was thinking!

Aunt Debi said...

Your kids sure have your number. If they can make you laugh they can get off easy. Now, did you go back in or did she decide that Jesus would help her sit still?

Cammi said...

bahaha! oh man... your kids are somethin else..... :)

kimmalee said...

Wow that is a good one. I think I'll use that myself.

The Hunt's said...

nothing a little jesus can't solve! when are you going to write a book? or better yet a reality tv show. you'd make a gazillion dollars.

Nancy said...

I'm glad Maggie is so religious!

The Hansen's said...

Cody and I laughed for a good long while over that one and Cody has been randomly saying 'Help me Jesus!' and then chuckling to himself.

Tami said...

Seriously, how can you compete? That is awesome!

Mallory said...

haha That is awesome Jane. Ugh, what is with all of this hilariousness living on the other side of the country?! haha I love your kids. Too funny

Brittney said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!