Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

Most of my family members have been posting five thankfuls a day on their blog this month. I did not join them. Not because I'm not grateful but mostly because I don't like to set myself up for what I know would have been a miserable failure. Instead I'd like to give you just a few of my thankfuls in no particular order.
  1. My husband. Although we never get a quiet moment or the opportunity to have a single conversation, I certainly love and appreciate him.
  2. Prayer. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven gave me the opportunity to speak to him and pour out my soul. I need and utilize this tool every single day.
  3. Mouse traps. I have caught THREE mice in my home within a weeks time. Gross.
  4. Utilities. A warm home during these cold months. I also love my hotpad at bed time. Mmmm.
  5. Good Parents. How or why they managed 12 kids I may never know. Amazing.
  6. Jesus Christ. Such a sacrifice makes it possible for me to live with my family forever and gives me the opportunity to correct my mistakes.
  7. Music. Great music can raise my spirits.
  8. Charlie. Big ball of never ending energy. He can be the sweetest thing when I feel like I'm losing my mind.
  9. Jane. She says the sweetest things and loves to love all of us.
  10. Maggie. Dirty looks, loud yells and moans. A fist to the face. I love it all. She makes me laugh every day.
  11. Chocolate. I shouldn't love it as much as I do. No dessert is worth my time without a little chocolate in it.
  12. Sisters. I have wonderful, supportive sisters.
  13. Water. I love to drink it, bathe in it & swim in it.
  14. Toilets. I like to sit on them and then flush it away.
  15. My minivan. It's comfortable, roomy and it is dependable. I feel safe while driving it.
  16. Good friends. I have been blessed all throughout my life with good friends.
  17. Clorox wipes. Enough said.
  18. In Laws. I realize that not everyone loves their in laws but I do. All of them.
  19. The Pledge of Allegiance and all it stands for.
  20. Sight. Nothing is better than watching my kids while they are happy or excited. I'm glad that I am able to see their faces and watch them grow.

5 comments:

Joni said...

Good gratefuls Aunt Kim.

kimmalee said...

Ooo, those are really good. I totally feel you on the clorox wipes. I love those little things. And may I add an ew freaking gross that mice have taken up residence in your house. So sorry! That sounds awful. I hope you had fun with my mom and Aunt Nanc. IT sounded like a huge party! Miss you guys.

Donna and Ronn said...

Kim, What was #14 about? Everything else was great. We've had a wonderful Thanksgiving with yours and my mother today. She is very tired but dinner was great. We rubbed her feet with lotion and put her to bed. Sure love you and your darling kids! Mike also! Love, Donna and fam

Croslands said...

#14 Toilets - look, I don't like to squat in the woods while camping or stand over a hole in another country and hope that I aim okay. I like the invention of the toity.

Becca said...

I like it. Good list.