Saturday, October 3, 2009

Prayer

I am grateful that Charlie prays to his Heavenly Father. I'm glad that he knows he is heard. I do worry a bit about him understanding how our Father in Heaven answers our prayers. Here are a couple from this last week...
I went to check on Charlie as he was sleeping and I walked in to find him awake. He said that he had a bad dream. Then this is what came out of his mouth next.
"Don't worry Mom I prayed to my Heavenly Father and asked him to get Satan out of his bad mood."

Why didn't I think of that? Hope it works.

Charlie loves playing the Wii and we had created a person on there for each one of our family members. Well Charlie decided to create two more little boys. After each creation where he picked their name, hair style and color, eyes, etc., he would kneel down and pray. Mike caught him on this one.

Mike just stood there and waited until he was finished and then said, "What are you doing bud?"

Charlie: " Oh, I was just asking Heavenly Father to send down Gus just the way that I made him. The same hair and big smile."

Coming sometime to our family will be Gus and Wyatt. They may look a little goofy but they will be loved.

4 comments:

lramey said...

your kids are the cutest! I love that you remember to put the things they say here... i need to do better about that! they're adorable!

Aunt Debi said...

Yahoo! It's about time you got those boys coming!

Nona Haddock said...

Kim,
I love your blog. Just have missed reading it for a few weeks. You do have the cutest kids! Can't wait to see the new boys.

Love,
Nona

Michelle Burk said...

Gus and Wyatt. That is hilarious. And praying for Satan to get out of his bad mood--not that is ingenious. Love it.