Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lazy Days

If Charlie had his way, then every day would be filled with friends, friends and more friends. He rarely needs down time. I have learned that I need it and want it. I love time with just my family. I love time with just my own brain and no one interrupting. Today is a good day. The kids are quietly content with watching a movie. Every once and a while these two little voices say "more chocolate milk please". I keep getting more chocolate milk. I want to, I like these days.

7 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Peace is pretty rare and sweet isn't it. I can say that because Mckenzie just started her practicing and so the next hour or so will be weeping and wailing. Aren't you excited to start music lessons with your kids?! I sure miss you guys. I wish we had a trip planned to see you.

Ammon and Tasha said...

love those days too!

Shannon said...

We had a whole summer full of lazy days. Some days the kids never even got dressed. Love it!

kimmalee said...

All the chocolate milk I want? Can I come live at your house? Sounds like a great day. Glad you got a well-deserved slow day.

The Kelly Variety said...

I want one of those days! I guess they'll have to wait for another 18 years I suppose!!!!

Amie said...

Nothing better than a lazy, stay-in-your-jammies-and-drink-chocolate-milk kind of day! Hooray for you.

Becca said...

Amen, back to that whole concept of wanting to be an introvert... at least at times. Alone time with your own brain is fabulous.