Monday, August 3, 2009

Anniversary

Yes, yet again we have forgotten our wedding anniversary. This is not a new thing for us. In fact we did it last year too. Don't get the wrong idea. We love each other very much. I just have a terrible memory and it's rubbing off on my husband. So three days after the fact, I realized that we had forgotten. I walked upstairs and said to Mike, "guess what we did again?" to which he quickly replied "oh, happy anniversary". I blurted it out with him and he was really proud of the fact that he said it first. Then came my reply, "honey it was three days ago". (We have a fun trip planned in November so we weren't totally ignoring our last ten years together.)

So this last weekend our niece Paige and her husband Mike watched our kids over night. Friday we went to help with the Stake Trek and then we went to hotel that night. WE SLEPT FOR TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? I woke up that next day and said, "can we do this once every quarter?" I can't even begin to tell you how good I feel. Totally refreshed. We spent Saturday shopping and then came home to happy kids. Thanks Paige and Mike.

(22-52)

Mike and I have been married ten years! I love him he is a kind husband and caring father. I really couldn't ask for more.

23-52

11 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are funny! Can't wait for Hawaii!!! Is it time yet?!?

Shay said...

That's funny! 12 hours of sleep sounds really nice!

Amie said...

Happy Anniversary! You two crack me up. Who forgets their wedding day?! Silly Croslands! :) Those are great pictures of you both. Can you maybe share some of those 12 hours of sleep with me? That would be absolutely heavenly!

Joni said...

Sounds like fun! I sleep 12 hours atleast once a week. I don't have any kids yet, so I think it's ok. :)

Ammon and Tasha said...

happy anniversary! i would LOVE to sleep 12 hours! that is the best present ever!! also love mikes long curly hair!

Ro said...

you guys are soo cute!!! happy 10th anniversary!!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are the only ones I know that forget their anniversary. At least you both forget so neither one feels too bad. I'm glad you got to celebrate even if it was late. 12 hours of sleep sounds so nice.

Krista said...

hahaha. happy anniversary! at least you got to be together :) matt and i have only been in the same state/town twice in our 6 years, hmmm... this year i made sure we'd be together by following him to WI.

i've got to say that i LOVE your project 52! maybe i'll do that next year, i have like zero photos of myself. and once a week is a little less daunting than this photo a day thing!

Lynette said...

Now I'm blog stalking YOU!!! That's pretty funny that you forgot your anniversary...and didn't remember till 3 days later!! Happy 10 years, that's awesome!!!

Aunt Debi said...

Happy belated anniversary! I'm sure glad you guys got together. You make cute kids and you're a very entertaining couple. Sure miss you!

Adria said...

Lol! Happy Anniversary! That is so funny! You guys crack me up!