Saturday, April 4, 2009

Running Away

The other day while driving in the car Charlie was teasing his sister. (this is not out of character for him) I let him know that we would be home any minute and he would be sitting on time out. This is when he informed me that he wouldn't be sitting on time out because he was going to run away. Mike's quick response was "fine, then I'll help you pack."
I'm not so sure that was the right thing for him to say because Charlie seemed to be pleased and excited. I tried to tell him that I would really miss him and he turned to Jane and said "you want to come with me?"
I asked him what he would do when he got hungry or scared and he said "then I'll just come in the house". I'm not quite sure he knows what running away from home is yet. He seemed to have a nice camp out with his sister so I guess that took care of the teasing.

14 comments:

Joni said...

That's funny! I remember 'running away from home' a few times. haha. I love little Jane's tutu. :)

Amberly said...

absolutely hilarous. the pic of janie with tutu and hands on hips is so terrific!

Michelle Burk said...

How long did it last?

Ammon and Tasha said...

That is so funny!!!

Jensen Family said...

Too cute Kim! Aren't you glad you write this stuff down??

Aunt Debi said...

Where was the suffering?! Running away is suppose to be hard! What's with the setting up a tent and chairs? Did you serve them dinner too? Sheesh!

The Kelly Variety said...

Halle ran away once I helped her pack her bags. I thought she was pretending and wanted an adventure in the back yard. . Nope. My neighbor 10 houses away and around the corner caught her.
She was not nearly as stylish as Jane in her tutu though! Too cute.

Stephen & Kendra said...

That's too funny. I ran away one time around the block and hid in my neighbors bushes and cried holding our family picture. It's hilarious now to think about.

kimmalee said...

Oh that Janie has so much sass! The picture with her hands on her hips is SO cute! I love their understanding of running away. I wonder where Charlie got that?

Amie said...

Perfect. love it. and the pictures are awesome. :)

Adria said...

lol, your kids are so funny! And cute!

Tutz said...

What a great dad to help them "run away". Did they actually stay out until dark? Where does Charlie get his ideas??

Brittney said...

That is so funny! I love the tutu. If you gotta run away, it is best to do it with some style points!!

The Wards said...

Sounds like they were way more prepared than I ever was in that situation!!!! What a cute ending to the fighting! :)