Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PAUSE!

This story makes me sound real pathetic, but it must be shared.

Last night at the dinner table Jane was asked to say the prayer.

We were all being reverent as she began when Charlie blurted out "Pause". I gave Mike a quick confused glance and Jane continued on with her prayer. Again the shout of "Pause" came from Charlie's mouth.
Is he for real?
Then he began to get frustrated because she was still praying and he said, "DAD, Make her PAUSE! I have to go to the bathroom!"

Oh the modern child. I don't know if I can really blame him. We have the capabilities to pause a lot of things in our life....

CD's in the car
Movies
Video Games
Live TV for heaven sake

I got the hint. We will be having more outdoor play and story time.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

It's amazing where technology has taken us - good and bad. Funny story! I wish sometimes I could Pause life...wouldn't that be great. These little munchkins grow up too fast.

Amie said...

Poor kid! He really had to go! :)

The Kelly Variety said...

That is the best. I totally want a pause button for my life too!

The Wards said...

Your family cracks me up!!! At least he wanted to hear the end of the prayer! :)

Andrea said...

AH HAHA!! That's funny. I love it. I think I will use it on Matt sometime today.

Anjeanette said...

That is so true. We can pause live TV, and I get so embarrassed when we are at someone else's house and my kids ask to pause their TV and they can't. Times are so crazy. I am with you on the "needing to get outside more". We do a lot of "pausing" in our life too. Thanks for sharing... :)

The Hansen's said...

So cute. I'm gonna tell Mckenzie to 'pause' cody all through disney world and see how that goes over. :)

Ammon and Tasha said...

I love your stories!!! At least he didnt want to miss the prayer! :)

Tara said...

So funny! With nicer weather hopefully we will be outside more too--maybe that will bring back a more consistant nap for Presley.

Can you believe the babies will be 1 soon?????? We miss you and the kids (Mike too).

Jen said...

This is way too funny! I love that you tell these stories. I need to get better at it. I love reading them

kimmalee said...

Such good stories from that little man. Wish my life had a pause button. I'd get a lot more done and be much more well-rested!