Thursday, January 8, 2009

We're Back.....

Christmas morning was pretty great. The kids slept until 7:00 and we enjoyed watching them get excited over the gifts that were received. Our day stayed low key and enjoyable as we had another family over to relax with. We've had a wonderful Christmas and holiday break. It is rough getting back to real life and putting the kids back on schedule.

We were able to go to Kauai with my sister (Debi) and her family over our break. All of my fears and worries were unfounded. The kids were safe, loved, played with and we all had a great time. Here are some pictures of our adventure.Mike and I were both pleasantly surprised with how well the kids traveled. Our flight from Atlanta to Oahu was over 10 hours. Yikes!This was Charlie first time on the beach. He had us all laughing as he did "log rolls" in with the waves.Sweet Janey CakesI hope that I am forgiven for showing others in their swimsuits but this picture is one of my favorites. Aunt Debi with Charlie and Jane as they sink while each wave comes in.This is the Hansen Clan that we love hanging with... Dave and Debi (center) Cody, Aubry and Baby Mya (left), Kim (baby boy in belly) and Glenn, Adam top left (minus his fiance Camarie), Mallory is missing as she is serving a mission in Italy, McKenzie (top right). This fantastic tree was found in the back yard of our Rental.


Nepali Coast
Beach Fort




Mike and Moe

I am the lover of a good wave, the kind that sends a little fear your way as it approaches and your mind says....over? under? over? under? You make one wrong move and you end up pummeled and sanded on the shore as you say "shoot, I should have gone under". That's the kind of thrill seeking we go after on these vacations. Aubry purchased all of the boys these "Tap Out" shorts for when they just can't take the beatings of the waves any longer.


Being buried is just part of going to the beach.

Why are these two beauties crying? Because their mothers put them in the sand for a photo opportunity. We were hoping for more pleasant faces.

A great vacation, now it's time for me to get back to real life, responsibility and eventually I will have worked out a good new years resolution to blog about.

16 comments:

Amberly said...

looks fantastic! glad you had a getaway, good luck getting back to real life!

Amie said...

I was wondering where you were and even thinking that you better have a good excuse for dissapearing like that! And, although I'm completely jealous, I suppose being in Hawaii is a "good excuse"! How lucky for you! That is on our list of places to go someday, but I'm not sure if it will ever win over Grandparents in France! I'm glad you got a break and could relax for a while! Welcome back, friend!

Ro said...

looks like you guys had a blast on your trip!!! aren't you so thankful for dvd players?? those are lifesavers on those long flights!! we are glad you are back!

The Hansen's said...

Oh, it was good times wasn't it!
It was so great to see you guys, chat, love your kids and have your kids love us back! You all just make me smile! My new year's resolution is that I am comming to visit you this year... with our without cody!
Love ya!

lramey said...

oh how fabulous! what an awesome vacation with awesomest people!!! i love that last picture of Mya and Maggie---i know, i know, it's hard only being a few months old and having to be in hawaii, at the beach...but i promise life will get better little ones!

Shannon said...

I am SOOO jealous. Looks like fun. Did you find a good place for us to stay next year? Maggie is HUGE!! Super cute

Karen said...

That looks wonderful! What a fun time!

Ammon and Tasha said...

WOW how fun is that! I am jealous that you spent your christmas break in the nice hot sun while we shoveled snow and than some more snow and oh yeah some more snow!!! :0 glad u are back safe!

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing all of the trip pictures. I just love them! I miss squeezing your children and kissing their faces. My favorite picture was the last one of the two babies in their swimsuits and crying. That's a classic.

Brittney said...

CRAZY JEALOUS! You have too much fun! I love the photo of them all in matching shorts, that is so funny!! SO FUNNY! I am still laughing at the matching shorts...

Tara said...

SO JEALOUS!!!! I can't put that in big enough caps. You all look like you had fun!

I think all babies must hate the sand . . .

Miss you lots.

Paul and Natalie McB said...

I'm so jealous of your vacation. Looks like so much fun. Um one other thing, can I have your baby? Because I love her and I think she loves me too. Let me know if you need my SS# to put me in your Living Trust:) Those are the cutest legs I've ever seen!

Joni said...

What a fun holiday! You're pictures are amazing, especially that last one of the babies crying their eyes out on the beach!! Love it.

Danielle said...

Looks fun. Love the picture of the two little ones in the sand! Glad you had a good time.

kimmalee said...

So great to see you guys and your little sweeties. I miss them! I need to get the webcam up and running soon so they don't forget who I am...again! I'm so glad that we get to see you for a tiny bit in March.

Sarah said...

Missed you! Sounds like the perfect vacation before settling in for a couple months of winter.

Welcome home!