Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hope for the New Year

I’ve been thinking a lot about the different ways that I wanted to improve myself this next year. This has been a couple of months in the making and still it has been hard for me to nail something down. Most of you fellow bloggers have provided me with good examples. So many of you have had a "higher focus" that I felt that this year I should make a real effort to be a better me. So it’s simple. I am going to follow the wise words of Dieter F. Uchtdorf and "Lift Where You Stand". My life is at a place where I often feel that I am consumed with being a mother of little children. That is just where I am now. So I will not try to do something big and miraculous that I cannot achieve. Instead, I’m capable of doing small things in many areas...so here is a bit of what I believe I can focus on this year;

supporting my husband
being a more compassionate wife
having more patience with my children
listening to the spirit and my intuition
being a better neighbor
helping other mothers who feel overwhelmed

I’m just trying to do and be a little better this year. I am hoping that I’ll be able to keep my focus and really just do what I can where I am. Right here in this town and in this stage of my life.

12 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

Just to let you know...you and mike are awesome and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family! You might just have a surprise visit from me sooner or later...I am dying to get out of here!

Brittney said...

I love that you posted this. You are such a great example. I look up to you so much. And once again I am going to say it.... I MISS YOU!!!

kimmalee said...

That sounds great. I often set goals that I would really really like to be able to do but they just aren't feasible in that year or that phase of my life. Good for you and thanks for the example.

Amberly said...

that is a fantastic focus, a good reminder that there are lots of things that seem small that can make a big difference in the lives of our families and those around us. I like it.

jessvb05 said...

Thanks for that post, Kimber. Sometimes I feel that I should be doing something "more", but really, some things just aren't going to happen with where I am right now, and to be honest, it'll be that way for several more years! As you said, it's important to serve where I'm able in my life stage right now.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Kimber you are such an example to me and such an amazing person!

Andrea said...

Wonderful. I love those goals. You are a fantastic person and I know you'll achieve them.

The Wards said...

Perfect!

JoAnn said...

sounds wonderful, I like it "lift where you stand." Perfect for all of us.

Amie said...

I love you Kimber and I love your resolutions. I've read that talk from Pres. Uchtdorf a couple of times and I love that message of doing our part in our little life to make the world better. I'm so glad I have a friend like you and I have to agree with Brittney-I miss you too!

Unknown said...

Mike and I bought our plane tickets to DC yesterday. We're flying out on the 26th of April. I can't wait to see you all soon!

Shannon said...

Those are great goals. I'm so overwhelmed with the little kid stage I am in that my New Years Resolution was to wash my face every night before going to bed. Perhaps I should be a little more deep in my goals.