Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Tis the season to count my blessings.
  • Mike - I really am lucky to have such a great husband. I often need to work out things in my brain and he is the perfect companion for me.
  • Charlie - makes me aware of my weaknesses, like patience. Yet one sweet act makes me feel like I am doing something right.
  • Jane - her constant singing (though it only makes sense to me) is a delight in our home.
  • Maggie - my little sweetie who even gives a smile in the middle of the night.
  • Mom - I'm lucky to have a mom who has taught me so much and I'm grateful she is still here.
  • In laws - Ivan and Helene are wonderful and I'm pretty lucky to be related.
  • Extended Family - Siblings, In laws, Nieces, Nephews - Blessed with so many relatives, and really I mean sooo many. I love that type of support system for me and my children.
  • Good Friends - friends can just be an extension of family. I have sweet friends.
  • Simple Things - but the list is long, a warm house, a car that works, ability to pay the bills, a husband who is employed.
  • My Country - I feel very fortunate to be an American and I hope that I can teach my children how lucky they are.
  • Jesus Christ - his sacrifice is often incomprehensible to me. Amazing.
  • Heavenly Father - without my knowledge of him my life wouldn't have meaning. I am so grateful that he loves me and is aware of me and my strengths and weaknesses.

(this post is in no particular order :) )

5 comments:

Amie said...

You're the best Kimber. Thanks for sharing that!

Amberly said...

nice list! way to sum up the amazing blessings we sometimes take for granted.

Andrea said...

That was great. I loved it!

Brittney said...

What a great way to help us focus our thoughts this season. Thanks for being such a great example. I miss you!

Josh and Ashley said...

You are such a GREAT example! It's so easy to get wrapped up in everyday life that we forget to focus on what truly is important and ALL the blessings we are given.