Thursday, June 4, 2009

Live In Help (and I'm not returning her)

Mike's niece, Natalie, is here to stay with us for two weeks. We are trying to make sure that she has an enjoyable time while she is here. So far I can't say that we have brought her too much excitement. On her second day here we went to where the battle of Bull Run was fought. Again I think this sort of thing is a little boring because we are really just looking at what I call a cow field. I have some pictures of Natalie helping us pull weeds. Aren't we great hosts?Mike found this weed in our yard. I know it's embarrassing. Things just grow here really fast here.


We had playgroup back at the Seely Farm. I really love going there. They have a large yard and she lets a lot of her animals roam while we are there. The kids had fun chasing the chickens and ducks. One of the baby goats jumped up onto Charlie almost knocking him over. (He laughed of course.) I say it's almost like heaven. Except I'm just a visitor so I don't have to do the daily work.


(18-52) I'm way behindCharlie finally caught one of the ducks he was tormenting and chasing. This was a very proud moment.

10 comments:

Brittney said...

That weed is awesome! I love all the farm animal pictures, especially the one when the donkey is attatcking Maggie in her stroller. Looks like lots of fun!

Anjeanette said...

Looks like fun. Glad to see your kids weren't afraid of the animals. Love the birthday pictures also.....your little Maggie is just too cute!

Shannon said...

Wow weeding. Now I really want to come visit you guys. Charlie looks different in these pictures. Like maybe he has grown up over night. Can't wait to see you all in person!

Heather and Jake said...

Haha that's just like Natalie! I'm sure she is having a blast though! Maybe wont fly on an airplane for a while with her last experience :)

Amie said...

Okay, seriously...does the fun ever end?! How awesome to have your neice there too!
We had enrichment this week and everyone was discussing the Croslands and how they have promised to come visit us this month. We're looking forward to it!

The Hansen's said...

What an awesome place to have a play date! I bet the kids were in heaven and I'm so proud of Charlie for catching the duck! Birds totally creep me out so I'm glad that Charlie can protect me.

Nancy said...

Let's talk about that weed....seriously, I know things grow fast, but I think it must have been in the yard a while to get that tall!

I can't believe you cut Charlie's hair that short. Were you tired of combing it?

Thanks for all of the pictures on your blog. It makes me very happy! It also makes me miss your darling children (they love to pose for pictures, don't they? Just like their mother).

Unknown said...

Hey, I need one of those...a live in helper...and a farm to visit!

Aunt Debi said...

How could you let that filthy animal touch my sweet little Moey? Did Charlie want to eat the duck after he caught it, or was catching it enough?

Adria said...

lol if I come stay with you guys I'll be your babysitter and professional photographer for the time, but not your slave. Lol JK