Wednesday, June 10, 2009

12:30 Tickets

Here is one time that I was glad we weren't where we were supposed to be.



Kimber: "Okay Natalie it's twelve o' clock. We could go and walk around the Holocaust Museum now or we could walk to the Jefferson memorial and catch it on the way back."

Natalie: "Aren't our tickets for 12:30? Let's walk over to the Jefferson memorial and then go to the museum after that."


Good thing we did. Here is my watch as we approach the Holocaust Museum. Quarter to one. We just missed the shooting and arrived to see the people running out of the building. School is still in here so there were a lot of field trips going on but all of the children were safe.

After all of that excitement we just wanted to come home and watch the news. I don't think Natalie will ever forget her trip with me to D.C.

26 comments:

Joni said...

Too scary!

The Kelly Variety said...

Ya, Not so fun.

Jensen Family said...

holy cow...glad you are safe! that's too much excitement for one day!

Anne said...

Oh MY Gosh!!

Irene said...

i am so glad that you are safe. reading this post gave me goose bumps!!

Ammon and Tasha said...

oh wow!! so scary!!!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you guys weren't there when it happened. Scary!

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Kim, I'm glad you are all safe! Someone must be watchin' out for you!

Amberly said...

holy smokes.

The Wards said...

Never a dull moment, is there?? I showed Jake the news report and then showed him your blog - WOW! Glad you guys are safe!!!

Aunt Debi said...

So you missed the shooting and the museum? Timing is everything.

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you are safe and sound. I can't believe that happened! God really was watching over you.

Chelsea said...

WOW. isn't it interesting how that seemed like such a small decision at the time. i mean, it didn't require much thought. you based your decision on the time of your tickets, and then wham. you missed a serious situation. it helps you know God is a God of the individual, huh.

Tutz said...

I am so glad you were late! Happy you are safe. Too close for comfort. I love ya! #4

Brittney said...

CRAZY! That is so scary!!

Stephen & Kendra said...

I am also glad you are safe, I love ya. That whole story is just crazy. I want to come see you sometime still. Call me when you come into Boise.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am soooooo glad you didn't go!!! I wouldn't want anything to happen to you!!!

The Hansen's said...

Wow, that leaves a pit in your stomach. I'm so glad you are all ok!

Leslie said...

Dido to everything already said.

Danielle said...

Unbelievable. I am glad everyone was okay.

Misty said...

That gave me cold chills. I'm glad you are all ok.

kimmalee said...

Geez! That is so scary! I'm glad you are all safe.

Shannon said...

Holy crap!! Glad your safe

Tara said...

So glad you are safe--and that yo uwill still be making out here to visit all of us!

Adria said...

That's crazy! You guys are so lucky! I had a teacher who basically had the same thing happen to her (she posted about it on her blog) Crazy!

Cammi said...

That is the RANKEST thing ever! OH man I'm glad your ok.. I kinda like ya....;)