Monday, July 21, 2008

Not For Weak Stomachs

Warning gross pictures ahead. We were at my sisters house to watch my niece Mallory open up her mission call. On the way in the house I noticed a cute little snail and decided to take a picture.

Then I noticed another and another.

While we went inside Charlie decided to stay outside with his cousin McKenzie and look what they came up with. Gross!!



But to better news...



Mallory is called to serve in the Rome, Italy mission! We couldn't be more excited for her. She spent some time in France last semester and knows the language well, so we thought she would be using her French somewhere but instead she will learn Italian.
(Mindy, Mallory, Kim & Glen)

Italy was my favorite country to visit I'll admit that I am jealous and I know she will love it.

(Aubry and baby Mya)


A few days later we went to the American Fork Steel Days. We enjoyed some fun carnival rides which made me discover that I'm getting old. I attempted "Gravitron" with Adam and Mallory. If you don't remember it's the weird spaceship looking thing that spins so fast that your face is sucked back and it's hard to move. I used to enjoy rides like this but I found myself a little queasy afterward. Charlie kept asking to go on all of the rides that would make me sick. I also thought he was a little young for these rides so I stuck him on all of the little kiddie rides with Jane.

Adam and Mallory took him on a scary ride and he laughed the whole time. So I hope Mike's stomach is stronger than mine so our children can continue to have fun on the "exciting rides".

Thanks guys.

Doesn't he look a little small for this?
And my question to all of you is.. are you getting older? Are you still able to do all of the fun rides you did as a teenager?

8 comments:

Tara said...

I love the rides--faster, loopier, stomach-turning the better! Chris on the other hand can't even get into the wave pool with out getting sick.

As for the snails . . . I used to find them in our small strip of flowers at the townhouse in the morning when I would take Roxy out. They were eating my flowers so I would pick them up and throw them onto the pavement, crushing their gross little bodies and shells. Hopefully the birds enjoyed the small feast each morning!

Sarah said...

I used to do a "snail study" with my first graders. They each got a pet snail and even took it home (I bet the parents loved that). What I learned is that snails are rather interesting. And I'll NEVER eat escargot!!!

As for the rides...no more....no way.

Unknown said...

The snails just make me mad! They take over every plant in my flower bed. When we weed in the morning, I pay the kids .5 cents a piece for snails. YUCK! And I've never really loved the carnival rides, but I do love fast, loopy rides, like the roller coaster at Disney California!

Shannon & Summer said...

Yea, those are sick! Brynn helped pick up a bunch of those from a friends yard the other day. She was loving it.
You have been doing lots of fun things!
I am sad you are moving away, but excited for you at the same time!
You better be a good "poster" while you are in virginia!

Shay said...

Congratulations to your niece! That sounds like a lot of fun. I love crazy fast loopy rides and I hope that I never get to old to ride them.

Shannon said...

I was just talking about this with Matt the other day. I am more scared of things the older I get. Luckily Matt doesn't feel the same way so he can take the kids!

Jen said...

I have a harder time now I am older too. It sucks to get old.

Brittney said...

I love those sick snail photos! I am just glad he didn't bring that bucket into my house, I don't think my first response would of been to take a photo! Just so you know, I was fine on rides like that until after I had Oaklee, now I cannot handle them. Bummer! Cuz they look so fun!