Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Everyday Adjustments

Could it be possible that my children are having a hard time adjusting to our new baby Maggie? Yesterday seemed to be a hard day for Charlie and Jane. The morning started out with a lot of fighting over the same toys. They had each been taunting each other and both of them had spent some time on "time out". I knew then that it was going to be a long day for me. In one instance Charlie was teasing Jane in the mean sing song voice that we all used when we were younger. Jane started getting mad and I said "Charlie, I've asked you not to do that now please go and sit on time out." Jane perked right up and ran passed us and climbed on the time out chair. She started doing the "nah, nah, nah" song and I realized that she just wanted to beat him to it. She was smiling the whole time because she knew that she had something he was supposed to have. I am glad that they do funny things so I can laugh through out the day.
We started setting the timer so they could have equal time with each toy that they were fighting over. Of course as usual they didn't really care about the toys at all so they were able to move on to playing nice again.

6 comments:

The Wards said...

That is so funny and we all can relate to those kind of days. Just yesterday Thayne started throwing a tantrum when his toast fell off his napkin (onto the table...). Anyway, that is the BEST picture of Charlie and Jane (binki's and all). That gave me a good smile and chuckle.

Amberly said...

they're so stinkin' cute, and little smarty-pants too!!

Andrea said...

Jane was my little best friend in nursery and I wanted to keep her. :) She kept climbing on my lap and we played with a doll and it was just fun to have that kind of attention from a little darling like that. Very cute picture!!!

Brittney said...

that is incredibly funny! I loved the photo! You are such a great mom!

Misty said...

Love it! Isn't the timer a great invention!

Aunt Debi said...

Now that is so cute! Have fun in Virginia AWAY from us it's been BORING. I still love you though . Love Mckenzie!!