Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Worst One

I asked Charlie to go to his room and get his pajamas on at least six times. The seventh time I said it loudly and with great force. He went. He put on his pj's and returned with a list. Then he says this..

"Mom, you're the worst one."

"What?"

"Your the meanest person on my list. There's you and Dad and Mr. D. But your the worst one."

"What list? You've been keeping a list?"

"Yes, and you have gotten to three. You can try to get numbers taken off by being nice but so far you haven't gotten any taken off."

Charlie and Bernice
Here's the list. Mom 1, 2, 3 Dad 1, 2 Mr. D 1 (one day Mr. D, our neighbor, sent Charlie home after the boys had been fighting.) See, he's learned something in kindergarten. Counting, reading, writing, chances and consequences. He already knew about trouble.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness! What does that school teach?! So funny...oh Charlie I love all the funny things you do!! Silly boy

Debi said...

I guess you need a best minder list. You could keep yours on the fridge so he would know where he rated at any given time. Playing nice with sisters, helping with the dogs, keeping room clean, picking up toys, keeping bathroom clean, etc. Everytime you had to remind him he might get one erased. You know, since he is so interested in numbers.

Kojo said...

I swear, I thought *I* was Mr. D. And then I kept wondering what I had done to get on the list. Phew! Close call.

Val said...

Wow, he looks just like your husband! Crazy...cute story too :)

Nancy said...

Just remind him that Santa also keeps a list and checks it twice! That was awesome!

Michelle Burk said...

Wow. That is really bad. You are in serious trouble. What other lists does he have? Is there an Aunt list? I hope I'm not on it. And if I am, I hope that I only have a "1" not a "3" like you.

The Kelly Variety said...

The Worst, that's pretty bad! I'll admit that lately I've ruin some lives (Olivia, Kade) but I haven't made a list. . .yet!