Thursday, May 6, 2010

Soccer is Back


This is Jane's first year of soccer. Charlie and Jane were able to be on the same "team". Really it's just a practice where they learn certain skills. Their coach is an adorable English Fellow with a great accent. He captures the kids attention (and all of the adults for that matter). I should remember to get video. Probably won't happen.


This is me, man-handling Charlie. He sometimes does this thing where he acts goofy and tries to make all of the other kids laugh. It can be disruptive to the coach or anyone else for that matter. Weird.
He must have inherited it from the Crosland side.
Jane
She begged to be in soccer but the truth is she really doesn't care. I don't think that she knows it though. She has good intentions but is easily distracted. I often find her on the side lines staring at a dog or baby or small child. She has even come to sit on my lap in the middle of a drill.

Charlie
Gets it. Loves it. And is pretty darn good at it.
And click on this picture because the view is so out of this world.
I live in a very beautiful place.

6 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Janie is probably a typical girl that likes to do anything her big brother does. Rachel W. was on the same team as Adam and Jason but she would do cartwheels or sit down and pick dandelions. Glad Charlie likes it though. And yes, you do live in a beautiful area--except for the bugs!

The Hansen's said...

So fun! I once heard someone compair watching little kids play soccer to someone trying to herd chickens. Good times for sure! :) I love your sweet kiddos and can't wait to get reaquainted with them this summer. Love you guys! PS~ You are looking gorgeous! Yowsah!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, our last soccer season is coming to a close and I'm sooooooooo soooooooooo excited! I'm a bad mom. Three soccer teams (two competative) is too much for this mama. Keep em on the same team as long as you can. Oh, and can I come visit? I sure is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh yea, and its definitely a Crosland thing...I know a Callister would NEVER act that way, or chew gum in church. ;)

Shannon said...

What's up skinny? You look fabulous! Jane will get it. That first year is always interesting!

Tutz said...

Ha ha, I have to laugh out loud at
Steph's second comment! She's got it down, doesn't she?!