Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Visitor

We have a new visitor today named Tom.
I almost hit him with my car while driving the kids to preschool.
When I realized that he wasn't a rock in the road I slammed it into reverse, picked him up and handed him to Charlie.
We've had fun playing with him today and we are trying to make our front flower bed into a nice outdoor habitat for him. I'll post pictures if we can get it figured out.

Tom seems friendly and hopefully we can teach our children to be friendly also. His hard exterior makes them believe he is indestructible.

Tom and Maggie

Charlie, Jane & Maggie

6 comments:

Donna and Ronn said...

Hey, is that really grass that I see out of your window? Is this a current picture? I thought your snow would never melt! Cute turtle, I would have let the kids look at it from the window and then driven off. You are a way nicer mom than me! Love you lots! Donna

Debi said...

So fun! We have a turtle habitat in our back yard. Turtles do did so if you really want to keep him you need to dig down and put chicken wire in or something. Otherwise he's a gonner. haha The kids will have so much fun with him!

Aunt Debi said...

I'm impressed nobody has tried to ride Tom yet. At least he has less poop that a dog.

Tutz said...

Very nice turtle. What a fun jungle you live in! Wild things just show up where you need to drive. Keep in mind that turtles carry diseases like ricketts and salmonella. Oh, but I forgot, your kids already have tourettes, so you probably don't need to worry...

Michelle Burk said...

I think that post makes you the VERY BEST MOTHER EVER! Unlike mine today. Maybe you would like to adopt my children?

Cammi said...

Wicked turtle!! I bet the kids love it!