Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary

We were able to celebrate Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Island of Oahu with their five and spouses. It was really fun to vacation together and just relax. Here are some pictures from our adventure.Richard, Anne, Andy, Matt, Brian, LeslieKimber and Mike , We are at the Pearl Harbor memorial.
(I am totally counting any picture that I'm in toward my yearly goal 5-52 )
Richard, Anne, Brian, Leslie, Dad, Mom, Andy, Matt, Mike, Kimber, Roger, RuthThis made Mom laugh every night. We would all gather together in Mom and Dad's room and about half of us would have would be working a laptop. Oh the modern day.

We had a wonderful trip and were able to make a lot of fun memories. Mom and Dad have lived such good lives and have great kids to show for it. I am certainly lucky to be a part of this family.

My sister Debi watched our children in Utah and here is an excerpt from her email update of how the kids were doing.

Tonight when Janie was saying her prayers, Charlie kept telling her to bless baby Mya. She would stop her prayer to tell Charlie 'no'. Then Charlie would cry because she wouldn't say it. So, I told him to say it in his prayer. I think he was going to until Janie told him to then he deliberately left out blessing baby Mya. They can really push each others buttons when they want to. Mags is so easy! She is happy, giggly and can down her bottle or a jar of food in less than a minute! The funny thing is when she is seated eating her food, she is so excited that she keeps her hands raised in the air with her wrists going around and around, and her legs kicking. She is so happy. Then when she gets a little cranky she goes right down. Easy!

I've been getting after the kids to clean up their messes. Charlie will go right over and start to clean up but when I tell Janie to go help she suddenly goes deaf! Yesterday I was getting lunch ready and told them to go pick up the marbles. Charlie went right over and started picking them up but Janie just dottled around the room. I told Charlie to pick up half of them and told Janie when she picked up the rest she could come eat lunch. She was slow and cried a bit but in a few minutes she was up to the counter ready for lunch. They really are good if I remind them to clean up and make sure they do it.

7 comments:

Amie said...

What a lucky couple of folks you are. Two tropical trips in less than 6 months! I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm totally jealous. I don't know if Roland and I will ever get there (trips to France are not cheap!). But, even though I'm a little jealous, I'm completely happy for you! When do we get a visit from the world-traveling Croslands?

Anjeanette said...

Sound totally fun. That is a great idea to go to Hawaii together with no kids to celebrate. Love the e-mail update on the kids....so funny. Probably glad someone else got to deal with that for a few days... :)

Jensen Family said...

looks like you had a great time--beautiful place! its always nice to take a little break to feel renewed again huh? glad you had fun!

Shannon said...

I'm jealous, and sad we didn't get to see you. Next time stay longer!

Brittney said...

Do you ever sit still!??!! I love the one of you and Mike together!

kimmalee said...

Glad you posted some pix of the trip and glad you had a good time! See you in a week and a half! Yippee!

Stephen & Kendra said...

Is this 2 or 3? I swear you went there for Christmas and then another time too. How fun. Go Kim