Saturday, March 7, 2009

An Honest Prayer

Charlie and I had a really good day yesterday. He was very sweet and helpful and he was even nice to his sister. You know, one of those moments where you see that they have been listening all those other times. Last night we went up to bed and he said his prayers.

"Dear Heavenly Father, bless our Aunt Trish so her brain can get smart like mine. Please make me be nice to my sister. Make me always be a good boy. And please make me be in first place all of the time so I can always beat my friends. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

It was one of those moments where I tried not to laugh out loud. My favorite is when he told Heavenly Father to "make me" I'm not sure if that was a challenge or a request. I really feel like this was the best prayer he has given so far. I'm certain that he meant every word.

18 comments:

Ro said...

that is so sweet, cute and funny!! i love charlie!!!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Oh I love it!! so cute and funny!

Roman said...

Charlie is hilarious. Pure genius! I bet every request gets granted.

Leslie said...

Hey, that sounds almost identical to some of Jim's prayers (much to his wife's dismay/embarrassment!). :)

Joni said...

What a funny/sweet little man.

kimmalee said...

Wow. That is stinkin' hilarious. That sounds just like Charlie. Ha

Nicole said...

So cute. I love the prayers of children. They are funny, sweet, and innocent.

Amie said...

Cute little Charlie. I love listening to kids pray, there's nothing like it!

Shay said...

Haha! That is so cute!

Rachel L said...

Awesome prayer. I used to pray that Heavenly Father would allow me to be the only person to fly, you know, like a bird. I would even mention by name the people that I didn't want to have this power--only me.

Stephen & Kendra said...

Katelyn always prays for the Bronco's. BSU Broncos that is. Kids are too funny.

The Hunt's said...

I LOVE this. LOVE it. I am going to come back and read that like 6 more times. I wish I could hear him in person.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Charlie!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Charlie!

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!!!

Heidi said...

Funny! Love it.

Adria said...

Heh, your kids are the cutest!

Karen said...

Gotta love the kids' prayers. It'll get me laughin' every time. Charlie's are no different!