Thursday, March 5, 2009

Catch Up

So much has been going on and I have completely forgotten about blogging. Weird I know. This also means that I haven't checked any one's blog in over a week. That's really strange for me. So here is a little catch up.
I purchased some items from my sisters store in Colorado. She sells home decor and other fun little things. You can check out her cute stuff at
http://www.homeaccentsonline.net/ . My children loved the packaging a little more than I did. The dip in the box started out a little cute and then turned into a giant mess.


They had fun despite our efforts in telling them to stay in the box. The racing became more fun as they would run from the dining room into the living room. They liked watching all of the popcorn fall off as they ran at "super speed". I left for book club in the middle of this fiasco and by some miracle the home was clean when I returned. Woohoo. (Thanks a lot Nancy)

A few days later we had a real snow day. Here are some pics of the kids getting ready to go outside. Have I ever told anyone that when it snows an inch, schools are canceled? You heard me right. They were cancelled for two days even though by the afternoon of the first day roads were clear. In our county there are some rural routes and so school is easily canceled for very mild snow days. It's a little ridiculous.



Last, I would like to show you what happens when some of us ladies decide to get together for lunch. We thought it would be fun to get take out every other Wednesday. You know, mingle, laugh, let the kids play together while we enjoy adult conversation. Yesterday was only our second time. Here is a picture that I couldn't resist taking. Do you see a problem here?

Yeah, that's right. Some of the boys just couldn't handle knowing the fun we would be having. For a moment we looked over at the table and thought. Where are we going to sit? I do love it when my husband can't resist joining in. We had a great time.

10 comments:

Stephen & Kendra said...

I always like to look at people's homes in the background of their pictures, and your house is absolutely gorgeous. WoW!!! I need to come visit sometime. :) Funny about the play date. I hosted one at my little 1200 sq ft house and we had 9 women and 20 children. Needless to say, I will not be hosting again. Miss you.

Michelle Burk said...

Love the catch up. Everything was hilarious. I hope your sale goes great on Friday. Can't wait to hear!!
Good Luck.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Love how all the guys crashed your girl time! they just get so jealous when they know we are having fun dont they, oh yeah and having food there doesnt help either! :-)

Anjeanette said...

That's funny about the snow there. As long as we can open our front door here, there will be school. Too funny. Sounds like someone forgot to mention....no men allowed. I think it's funny how guys make fun of us for sitting around "gossiping", as my husband would say, but they are very willing to join whenever they can.

BTW- Your house does look gorgeous. Love how it looks unique.

Aunt Debi said...

Geeze it took you long enough! I'm sure you had your kids clean up the mess they made! Personal responsibility, you know! I can understand Mike being there for the girls lunch but what's with the other guys? Don't they have jobs?

kimmalee said...

Looks like a party every day at your house. Funny that guys can't help but crash the girls time. It's like my dad calling us 3 times a day when we're in Cedar City. They can't stand to be left out of the fun!

Amie said...

Glad you're back! Looks like there's been a lot of fun going on at the Crosland house (what else is new?). No more forgetting to blog sister. We miss you around here!

Andrea said...

Oh styrofoam peanuts....I have a hate love relationship with them.

That looks like crazy fun, though.

I bet its fun to have the guys there.

Love that you are blogging!

Shay said...

What a fun idea for some girls time. I need to do something like that. I have to admit that looking at all the packing peanuts all over your house stressed me out a little. Wow, I didn't know that I was that much of a neat freak!

Jensen Family said...

gotta love those peanuts! kids just can't resist huh? I think I need a girls lunch date--we are getting a little stir crazy around here!