Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Try at a New Project

I needed a side table to put a lamp on next to my couch. Money was an issue and so I thought that maybe I'd be able to find something at a second hand store. I was looking for a plain flat table but came across this ugly lady for only $15.00
I knew right away what I was going to do to this table. I had to do something a little more fun to get away from the traditional and dated look.

First I stripped off the shiny orange/brown finish. Then some light sanding before the paint job.


Final Product. I like the way it turned out and it gives me hope for future projects.


8 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

Hey!! I had to leave a comment on this one--that table turned out soooo cute!! Great job! You have always been so talented!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I have a dresser to refinish and the success of your cool project is giving me motivation!!

Ro said...

love it kimber!!! you have such great style!!

Debi said...

Did you know your blue table had an orange stripe down the middle?

sue meredith said...

Impressive straight lines! How did you do that? I think more pictures during the process would be good to see.
Proud of you!

sue meredith said...

Actually, that last comment was by Nona - sue must not have signed out after using my computer today. :)

kimmalee said...

Wo! Well done. I love the stripe. Can't believe how straight you got it! Love it. Love it.

Karen said...

Absolutely adorable, Kimber!