Monday, March 8, 2010

My Sister Trish

Kimber and Trish


My sister, Trish, came to visit us for a week. She came with books and games for the kids. We celebrated her birthday, played, did some projects, toured DC and she spent most of her time spoiling my children.

Jane, Aunt Trish and Charlie


And of course, we danced.


Charlie

I would often find Aunt Trish sneaking into the cookies and treats. Don't get the wrong idea. She wasn't getting them for herself. She was usually on a "secret mission" from Charlie. Whenever he could get her alone he would tell her to "sneak like a snail" so Mom wouldn't know. Then he would request cookies, treats, chocolate chips in a bowl or more story books. Trish was always laughing as she would tell me not to notice her.



Maggie, break dancing, this is her favorite move.

Mags would warm up to Trish whenever she would sing or read her a book.


Jane
Jane spent most of her time being near Aunt Trish. When Aunt Trish would go to her room for privacy.... Jane would find her. Jane would go down to her room each morning and Aunt Trish would snuggle and read to her. They played, visited, read books, did puzzles, even learned to read some words.
Jane, Aunt Trish, Maggie


Aunt Trish spoiled all of us. We were sad to see her go. After dropping her off at the airport, Jane said "I'm really going to miss Aunt Trish."
Then Charlie chimed in with, "Aunt Trish did whatever I asked!"
Yes, she did and now I'm paying the price.

10 comments:

Debi said...

Time for Trish to come to Texas!! Sounds like you had so much fun!

kimmalee said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! I love that she had to sneak like a snail to get things for Charlie. And Jane's pink and orange outfit and pink wig are awesome!

Shannon said...

What a perfect aunt! LOVE Jane's wig!

Tricia said...

To all your family. Tell each of the children that I love them. I still sneak around like a snail in case I need to get away with something.

Try some new words with Jane. "I can be big". I can be little". How about this (Happy) 'I can be happy".
Love
Aunt Tricia

Irene said...

i LOVE the wig!

Joni said...

I am SO glad you and my Mom got to hang out like that. I bet it was so much fun. I cannot get over how incredibly unique Jane is. She cracks me up!

Cammi said...

Jane's outfit and pose while she was dancing is priceless and so is Maggie's breakdancing moves!! Do you just crack up at them everyday?! i would! I love that MOm got to come visit and it looks like you had such a good time!! Are you exhausted?! :) Next I wanna come visit!!! :)

Unknown said...

No Debi, she has to come here first!!! ;)

Amie said...

How fun. I'm glad to see your sister is feeling better!

Michelle Burk said...

I think you have just figured out Trish's new job! She could put "The Nanny" to shame. She can visit all her neices and nephews homes for 1-2 weeks at a time, record all her fun things and call it, "Fun with Aunt Trish!" I see great potential here. Tell Dave. Maybe this should be his new show.