Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We had a fun weekend camping near Virginia Beach. The evenings and mornings were spent at the campground and our days were spent at the beach. This was my first time there and I'm happy to say that we are only three hours from a terrific beach. The sand was nice and soft and the waves were perfect for the family.



The kids love the beach and Mike and I love to watch them love it.

We went camping with 18 other families from this area. We were in a cul de sac in the back of a campground. The kids could run and play and we could all sit and visit. It really was a perfect spot.
On Sunday the local church was overwhelmed with the amount of visitors that took over. I had fun watching them squirm to set up chairs.
Charlie and Jane making ice cream with the Budd's.



Aah the morning hair.
Apparently the theme song for this nice campground was the Kid Rock version of Sweet Home Alabama. That song was played over and over and over throughout the evening. Loud, blaring, we did find the humor in it.

14 comments:

Ro said...

that looked like so much fun!!! your kids are adorable in their swimsuits and i love mikes hair!

kimmalee said...

Looks like a blast! Your kids are super fun to be with at the beach. Can't believe you went with 18 other families. I bet your kids just had a blast! A bunch of other kids to play with, camping, AND the beach in one weekend? Sounds like the perfect trip. Glad it went well.

The Hansen's said...

You made it! and it looks like so much fun, there isn't many places to have camping and beach. So much fun! I love the picture of Moe standing up, I really want to squeeze her!

Jensen Family said...

fun fun!! i'd give anything to live close to the ocean! i'm sure this was the first of many excursions!!

Michelle said...

That sounds like the best of both worlds right there! My parents took me camping and they took me to the beach, but never in the same trip. You guys are awesome!

jessvb05 said...

Looks like you had a great time. Beach camping is the only kind of camping I can do for longer than one night. Seems Virginia suits you well :)

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the picture of Jane with her sunglasses on.

Amie said...

Ummm, sounds perfect! Wow. The Croslands just really know how to party. And, there is nothing like watching kids discover the beach. It's the best ever!

Aunt Debi said...

What a fun trip! You must have have an awesome group in your ward, to all go together like that. The kids look darling and are now experienced beach bums. Mikes morning hair is just one of the many advantages of famiy camping. I hope you have many more fun trips before the giant misquitos come out.

Aunt Debi said...

mosquito - Ha

Karen said...

Looks like so much fun! I haven't seen a crank icecream maker since my childhood! That is the way to camp - with homemade icecream and the beach. You are lucky to be so close.

Michelle Burk said...

Awesome. There are lots of great beaches north and south of where you are. Keep going! It will be a great summer memory for your kids.

Nancy said...

I think Mike and Nina are twins. At least they have the same hair!

Adria said...

fun! I want to go to the beach!